User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: EEEK!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    *slaps Trins hand away from the lighter*

No matter what anyone opium tells you, an open flame in the house is a bad idea.
    Way to ruin my funtime

But OHMYGOWD! The smoke appears to be killing them

I thought it would just make them dopey, I didn't mean to kill them, honest, even if they were conspiring to kill me and my cats I didn't mean to go all homicidal on them, they make honey, I don't hate them, I can't hate anything that makes honey

Holy shit, two of them seemed to have realised whatís just happened and are after me. Eep! If you don't hear from me again, revenge me and steal their honey.

Incense is almost better than alcohol

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Way to ruin my funtime

But OHMYGOWD! The smoke appears to be killing them

I thought it would just make them dopey, I didn't mean to kill them, honest, even if they were conspiring to kill me and my cats I didn't mean to go all homicidal on them, they make honey, I don't hate them, I can't hate anything that makes honey

Holy shit, two of them seemed to have realised whatís just happened and are after me. Eep! If you don't hear from me again, revenge me and steal their honey.

Incense is almost better than alcohol
    The smoke only appears to kill them. I'm pretty sure that they're just falling asleep.

Revenge you?
    You're funnier than normal when you're high.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    The smoke only appears to kill them. I'm pretty sure that they're just falling asleep.

Revenge you?
    You're funnier than normal when you're high.
    Seems bees fall asleep violently. Kay armed with 'trapping' cups and newspaper, I'm going on a bee capture and release hunt. They better not be faking as a ploy to draw me into an ambush.

My house now smells like I imagine a brothel would and looks like a 60s Jazz club. Both scenarios kinda suit the BB King record I have playing in the background

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Seems it wasnít a trap. I have six so far but Iím out of trapping cups, moving on to shot glasses now. Most seem to be obliging, think they just want back outside.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Sadly one didnít make it, Iím pretty sure it died of natural causes.

More to track down but the hunt seems successful so far...
    Attached Images Attached Images

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Sadly one didnít make it, Iím pretty sure it died of natural causes.

More to track down but the hunt seems successful so far...
    Ok-- despite your situation being completely awful [bees are annoyingly scary!] I must admit I've been laughing very hard through the entire thread...

...and it probably was natural causes, if suffocation counts as such
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

I wish I'd been here for the fun part of this thread! I'd just spray a bunch and call the exterminator. If you don't find the nest or the hive it will just keep happening. Whatever you do, don't do what these guys did.

The Wasps's Nest - Video
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    XNXP

If you think there's any chance at all of them being African honeybees, don't mess with them yourself, especially if it's a swarm versus just five or six of them that happened to fly in from outside for a bit. Hire a pro to get rid of them immediately. Not kidding.

If they're just regular honeybees, then they're not very dangerous. Still...How big is the nest ? Is it in your walls ?

I've used vacuum cleaners to suck up yellow jackets before. Got the whole gang of them in there, eventually. Left it on for quite a while. I opened it up towards the end of the afternoon and they were reduced to staggering around like drunks, and could be dumped off somewhere. I think I poured them out into a hole in the back of the yard and then poured in a little gasoline. Stepped back, flipped in a match....goodbye yellowjackets.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I wish I'd been here for the fun part of this thread! I'd just spray a bunch and call the exterminator. If you don't find the nest or the hive it will just keep happening. Whatever you do, don't do what these guys did.

The Wasps's Nest - Video
    Those boys iz teh clever

I called a pest controller once I discovered the pending assault on my living room and he seemed well, apathetic at best, in between telling me not to anger them cause theyíll swarm me and how bad it would be if they attacked, he was also telling me getting him to come out on Monday would be half the price of a weekend call out seems he wanted to save me money. Gotta love the laid-back-sheíll-be-right Aussie attitude

Anyway, Iíve left the carcass of the fallen bee on my patio as a warning to others, even though I DIDNíT kill it, hopefully theyíll think I did and keep clear.

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    If you think there's any chance at all of them being African honeybees, don't mess with them yourself, especially if it's a swarm versus just five or six of them that happened to fly in from outside for a bit. Hire a pro to get rid of them immediately. Not kidding.

If they're just regular honeybees, then they're not very dangerous. Still...How big is the nest ? Is it in your walls ?

I've used vacuum cleaners to suck up yellow jackets before. Got the whole gang of them in there, eventually. Left it on for quite a while. I opened it up towards the end of the afternoon and they were reduced to staggering around like drunks, and could be dumped off somewhere. I think I poured them out into a hole in the back of the yard and then poured in a little gasoline. Stepped back, flipped in a match....goodbye yellowjackets.
    I donít know what species they are or if they were nesting in my wall or not but there was a swarm outside by my air conditioner, luckily only about 30 got inside. It was a hot day so they may have just been moving on because of the heat. Guess Iíll find out tomorrow if theyíre still around. Trust me, I wonít be going anywhere near a nest if they are making one. Bee killer :p

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

So I did learn a number of important lessons throughout this trial that will no doubt help me as I struggle through the day to day challenges that face me in my life. I will share that knowledge with you as it may save your life one day.

1. If something sounds like a bee and looks like a bee you shouldn't assume it's a blow fly just cause it's inside.

2. People shouldn't laugh at their cat trying to capture said bee-like blow fly till they actually verify its species.

3. We should prepare now for a bee, ant, wild animal or zombie attack. Itís too late to get organised once they're in your house.

4. Opium incense has crazy effects on bees and people alike when enough is burnt at one time.

5. Although intimidating, bees may not actually be evil.

6. It is better to trap bees with clear shot glasses than moulded glasses.

7. You can never store too much incense in your supply cupboard.

8. Bee hunting is dangerous and thirsty work.