User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Thread: Hey, what's up

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I had a shitty social psych teacher too, at first. Then I had a good teacher, so I guess you're right. Did you decide on social psych research? Did you pick a topic you want to study? I'm doing some neuroscience research on mirror neurons and stress right now at USC. It's...slow.
    Yeah, I'm hoping that'll be the case with me. Transferring to UC Santa Barbara next fall, so maybe things will be better there. And my passion is industrial/organizational psychology, but I'd also really like to study generational theory more. I really think it ties into workplace relationships quite heavily.

Neuroscience is pretty heavy though, good job with getting into that. I have a feeling that eventually that'll be the only part of psychology that really has enough money to function properly. It's really promising. Maybe slow now, but at least you're in the field, right?

Oh yeah, also, nice calligraphy videos. I've started learning it myself, recently. It's hard to get a hang of not fucking up the ink.

MBTI
    infp

Cool talking to you, Edahn, I got to go to bed now. i'll PM you sometime!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Night, Jizza. Likewise.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yeah my blog is a weird mix of whinning, philosophical rambling and whatnot. I suffer from the INFJ quirck of bringing up brilliant insights and thoughts, but forgetting them by the time I have the ability to type or record them. :/
    I got myself a pocket notebook for just this reason! I just forget to take it with me...
    I want something much more different
    Not these factories or prisons
    I wish that the Earth was green again
    I wish I had a gun in my hand

--Blackbird Raum

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Ah yes, Dane Cook talking about condom break experiences. :P

/randomupdate

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by locke View Post
    Samhain is a Celtic holiday. It's basically the 'All Hallow's Day' that 'All Hallow's Eve' precedes. They're going to hold a ceremony to honor the dead. It's going to be like a memorial service where people remember those who were important to them that have passed away. It can get very emotional so he asked me to find a way to entertain the kids during the ceremony.
    Did you see the video on theonion.com about halloween? It was cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Yeah, I'm hoping that'll be the case with me. Transferring to UC Santa Barbara next fall, so maybe things will be better there. And my passion is industrial/organizational psychology, but I'd also really like to study generational theory more. I really think it ties into workplace relationships quite heavily.

Neuroscience is pretty heavy though, good job with getting into that. I have a feeling that eventually that'll be the only part of psychology that really has enough money to function properly. It's really promising. Maybe slow now, but at least you're in the field, right?

Oh yeah, also, nice calligraphy videos. I've started learning it myself, recently. It's hard to get a hang of not fucking up the ink.
    What's generational theory and how do you think it applies?

I'm actually thinking that I'd like to go into clinical psych. Research moves a bit too slow, and I don't really want to deal with all the politics, even though I love teaching. Also, I think there's a giant gap between academia and the rest of the world, and my focus right now is more on reaching people than on generating ideas for myself or for a community of scientists. In the topics that I'm interested in, the application happens more on an individual/interpersonal level, like in therapy. I'd think that in organizational psych, your ideas would have a better shot of flowing into the business world and being utilized, though.

Cool about the calligraphy.

Anyway folks, I need to get to sleep. Thank you all. It's been lovely. Till next time. G'night.

MBTI
    INFJ

Did you see the video on theonion.com about halloween? It was cute.
    Yep, that was pretty damn funny.

Anyway folks, I need to get to sleep. Thank you all. It's been lovely. Till next time. G'night.
    G'night... Man, it's tough trying to reply to a forum conversation in close to real time. I managed to miss most of it.
    I want something much more different
    Not these factories or prisons
    I wish that the Earth was green again
    I wish I had a gun in my hand

--Blackbird Raum

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by locke View Post
    Samhain is a Celtic holiday. It's basically the 'All Hallow's Day' that 'All Hallow's Eve' precedes. They're going to hold a ceremony to honor the dead. It's going to be like a memorial service where people remember those who were important to them that have passed away. It can get very emotional so he asked me to find a way to entertain the kids during the ceremony.
    Yeah Samhain is Druidic in origins, but the "All Hallow's Eve" is largely a Catholic thing. Hence why I find it ironic when Evangelicals attack Halloween as a Satanic holiday. LOL!

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

[YOUTUBE="71jiIBk-h3s"][/YOUTUBE]

Hahahaha.

Edit: fucking youtube tag doesn't work >_>.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

What's generational theory and how do you think it applies?

I'm actually thinking that I'd like to go into clinical psych. Research moves a bit too slow, and I don't really want to deal with all the politics, even though I love teaching. Also, I think there's a giant gap between academia and the rest of the world, and my focus right now is more on reaching people than on generating ideas for myself or for a community of scientists. In the topics that I'm interested in, the application happens more on an individual/interpersonal level, like in therapy. I'd think that in organizational psych, your ideas would have a better shot of flowing into the business world and being utilized, though.

Cool about the calligraphy.
    I'm not sure if generational theory is the official name, but I don't know any other official names. It's only just starting to be studied more thoroughly. But it basically focuses on the differences between generations, what causes those differences, and how the difficulties that arise from them can be resolved. So basically, if you have a grouchy baby boomer manager with a sink or swim attitude who always goes by the book, you might have a lot of unnecessary conflict when he meets the young, hip professional who likes to cut corners when he sees rules which seem irrational. Both people have their benefits, they just have to be in the right place to work correctly.

And clinical psychology is cool, I wish I had the personality for that. I interviewed some therapists, and they were all really happy about their jobs. I think it'd be nice to be able to be able to work directly on your patient like that. With I/O, you're working against capitalism and bureaucracy.

Night.