User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Hey, what's up

MBTI
    infp

Busking is like... playing your instrument on the street with your case open so people will throw your money. I've done it a couple of times for a little bit of time and ended up making like $5, but I havn't done it anywhere with bigger crowds, like the downtown market or anything, and I want to try that.

And this night... I don't even think it's story worthy. It's not really a great story to tell, other then the part with the weed and the cops... the rest of it I just think sucks. Actually, I also met a bunch of guys who are friends with my older brother, and that was kind of cool. And if I see those girls again... the other guys who weren't completely burned out and who are generally more socially skilled already made amuch better first impression then the tired ass guy who didn't really say anything (me), hahahaha. That's life, I'm learning. I'll probably forget about most of this night in like a week

A better story was a few weeks ago when we egged some random houses. We left our car, walked like ten minutes away, egged a house of some guy I don't know who the other guys apparently have beef with, and ran back to the car. When we got there, someone had egged our cars while we were walking That was classic karma at work. Egging is retarded Oh well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Social Psychology was actually one of the two things I debated majoring in when I decided to attend college. The other was political science. Now I'm not so sure about either of them.
    Dope. I can see you as a social psychology (research/academic), maybe even a therapist.

Difficult to answer. I know what the sources of my depression are, I know that some can be changed and some cannot. The motivation in my life is typically systematically go through removing these sources of depression, based on some ratio of how depressing they are and how plausible they are to change. For example, I am extremely depressed by being single of my life, but I know it's insane to think I could change that, so it's my primary target.
    Societal issues are much harder to impact. Existential issues are impossible to change by my measure. My feeling is that if I cannot change what depresses, I will not hide from it either. I will face it.

So, I guess you could say that while I want to make the abyss as small as possible, I do not intend to stop looking into it.

(I'm tired, so I can't tell if what I say makes sense to other people at all).
    You know, I never really got the vibe that you were depressed. Lots of depressed people that I know crave isolation and have a habit of bringing relationship into conflict or crisis because they feed on it. Maybe the depression feeds on it. I know you like to argue, but I never took it as you trying to assert yourself or actually hurt other people. Your posture is usually neutral or defensive, rather than attacking.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Busking is like... playing your instrument on the street with your case open so people will throw your money. I've done it a couple of times for a little bit of time and ended up making like $5, but I havn't done it anywhere with bigger crowds, like the downtown market or anything, and I want to try that.
    Next stop:

And this night... I don't even think it's story worthy. It's not really a great story to tell, other then the part with the weed and the cops... the rest of it I just think sucks. Actually, I also met a bunch of guys who are friends with my older brother, and that was kind of cool. And if I see those girls again... the other guys who weren't completely burned out and who are generally more socially skilled already made amuch better first impression then the tired ass guy who didn't really say anything (me), hahahaha. That's life, I'm learning. I'll probably forget about most of this night in like a week

A better story was a few weeks ago when we egged some random houses. We left our car, walked like ten minutes away, egged a house of some guy I don't know who the other guys apparently have beef with, and ran back to the car. When we got there, someone had egged our cars while we were walking That was classic karma at work. Egging is retarded Oh well.
    LOL

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Dope. I can see you as a social psychology (research/academic), maybe even a therapist.
    :horor:
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Are you working tomorrow?
    Yes. I have to do the most tedious part of my job tomorrow, calculating the payroll. In between my son's two soccer games (I'm providing the refreshments for the first one) and going out to eat and watch the biggest college football game of the year so far.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm sitting here, drinking fake raspberry cider (high fructose corn syrup, wtf?), reading the dispute between CC and BlueWing in the NF sub-section and preparing a children's workshop for my friend's Samhain event tomorrow.
    I want something much more different
    Not these factories or prisons
    I wish that the Earth was green again
    I wish I had a gun in my hand

--Blackbird Raum

MBTI
    infp

Oh shit, I remember one other cool thing that happened tonight, although it was before the actual main gathering. On the way to the guy's house where we were drinking we went to Arby's where another friends works and got a bunch of free stuff. My two friends were dressed as Maverick and Iceman from Top gun, and they played "Dangerzone" on their cellphones while we walked into Arby's. It was kind of funny -the Top Gun crew with a lumberjack randomly following behind them

but I still rate the night overall as sucking because it got worse and worse as it went on. It started ok, then went downhill a lot.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Yeah. It was a mix of practical and personal considerations that have now made me less certain about that course. I'm now just has heavily considering taking the philosophy course and teaching ethics and logic some day.

You know, I never really got the vibe that you were depressed. Lots of depressed people that I know crave isolation and have a habit of bringing relationship into conflict or crisis because they feed on it. Maybe the depression feeds on it. I know you like to argue, but I never took it as you trying to assert yourself or actually hurt other people. Your posture is usually neutral or defensive, rather than attacking.
    I'm definitely not trying to hurt other people. I don't know if I'm trying to assert myself, that question gets a little more philosophical for me. I am neutral or defensive when dealing with others (most of the time). I attack myself, privately.

No surprise that you didn't get that vibe from me, though. It isn't really any easier in person. There's consesus among my personal acquaintences that I am "hard to know".
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I LOVED and still LOVE social psych. I wanted to get a subscription to Personality & Social Psychology because they have the best articles. My favorite class in college was Social Psych and film. We watched movies, read articles, then wrote papers. The teacher was brilliant.

The thing that people, imo, don't get about social psych is that understanding the theories isn't the hard part. The hard part is in seeing the world that way and putting your observations into a neat and elegant package. Very graceful.
    It all depends so much on the teacher, doesn't it? I have a downright shitty social psych teacher, unfortunately. If not for the fact that I already know that it's the direction I want to head in, I would have probably given up on it by now.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    :horor:
    I'm serious. He has a good grasp of skepticism. I think that's the most important quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yes. I have to do the most tedious part of my job tomorrow, calculating the payroll. In between my son's two soccer games (I'm providing the refreshments for the first one) and going out to eat and watch the biggest college football game of the year so far.
    I've never ever been to a football game. I couldn't even tell you how to score a homerun.

Quote Originally Posted by locke View Post
    I'm sitting here, drinking fake raspberry cider (high fructose corn syrup, wtf?), reading the dispute between CC and BlueWing in the NF sub-section and preparing a children's workshop for my friend's Samhain event tomorrow.
    What's Samhain?