User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ~ Cat Types ~

heart on fire

Default ~ Cat Types ~

Cat Types

My current cat is:
    INFP: "The Little Angel": Will look at you sweetly two seconds after she's shredded the new curtains. Can't resist the kitchen counter. Likes some lap time, but only on her terms.

My previous kitty who is now passed on was:

ISFP "The Snuggler": Inside lap kitty. Has a favorite lap, a favorite windowsill, but spreads her favors around nonetheless. Warm and loving, but don't try to make her do anything. Purrs a lot.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Heh. Hehehehehe. Nice topic.

My cat Sylvia is an ESTP, "The User." She wants to be near whoever's in the house but she doesn't really want to connect with them, just yowl at them until they do her bidding. Not particularly affectionate, but likes to be scratched. LOVES food and will gorge herself to bursting if given the chance. Takes any movement toward the laundry room as a signal she's about to be fed.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ

My cat

Sid Vicious-ENTP "The Great White Hunter": King of imaginary bug-chasing. He talks a lot--maybe to you, maybe to something only he can see. Likes to be petted, but only for short periods of time; he's off as soon as the next synapse fires in his brain.

My roomate's cats

Big Cat-ESTJ "Bossycat": A cat with attitude. He'll hiss at a German shepherd, and the dog will back down. Knows his territory. Catches lots of birds to show he cares, since he won't be openly affectionate.

Fuzzy-ESFP "The Hedonist": The social cat. Inside, outside, contact-oriented. Wallows in petting. Lies in the sun on the driveway. Promiscuously affectionate, even with cat-haters. Meows a lot.
    Question everything especially yourself.

Opivy1980

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If I had a cat, I would like these ones the most:
    1. INFJ "Skitty Kitty"
    2. ENFJ "Ringleader"
    3. ISTP "Problem Solver"

My favorite RL cat ever was one displaced from my INTP friend's room at college; the cat needed a home, so I took him to my parents' house to live as an outside cat.

His name was Spock, and he was the most contemplatively intelligent cat I have ever known.

He was a bit aloof and would sit and watch things (people, other cats, whatever was around and doing something) with his head tilted a little bit to the side, his eyes all big, as if he were studying things and trying to understand them. This was very cute when he was young, and still cute after he had grown to adulthood.

He could become absorbed in string-playing and other things and wasn't anti-social per se, but he still remained mostly aloof.

I remember leaving him with the other outdoor cats my parents owned, and how they had clustered in a group, and he stood ten feet away, unsure, and meowed because he didn't want me to leave him; but he was also independent and not about to come after me and beg for help.

Eventually they all warmed up to each other, but he never really was part of the group. He was also much brighter. These other cats had inbred and seemed like they were on par with an eight-grade education, while Spock was definitely a college-educated kitty through and through. He had good genetics, apparently.

Eventually, though, he was killed on the road, like many other cats before him have been. (My parents lived in the country, and people commonly speed on the back roads.)

I realized he had been missing, so I went to look for him one day and found his body under a bush next to the road, which was a very sad moment for everyone.

I would honestly say, in all seriousness, that, out of all the cats I have known, Spock was the most ... human. I miss him while writing this, even though he has been dead for 15 years or so by now.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

*starts climbing the curtains*

MBTI
    ENTP

INFJ "Skitty Kitty":
    I misread that at first.....
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INFP

My kitten (so far) is ISFP "The Snuggler": Inside lap kitty. Has a favorite lap, a favorite windowsill, but spreads her favors around nonetheless. Warm and loving, but don't try to make her do anything. Purrs a lot.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Mine has many of these traits, but particularly the listen NP ones, probably closest to this:
    INTP "The Flake": Will play with toys, but bored quickly. If you give in, you'll quickly have a closet full of cat toys she won't touch any more. She'll sit, apparently doing nothing, and then be off on a tear. When walking across a room, will suddenly sit down and start grooming herself.

Followed closely by:
    ENFP "The Happy Slob": Playful cat that will leave food smeared all over the kitchen floor and track litter granules onto the carpet. Favorite game is peek-a-boo. Likes to be petted, but won't sit still for long.

And a bit of this, too:
    ENTP "The Great White Hunter": King of imaginary bug-chasing. She talks a lot--maybe to you, maybe to something only she can see. Likes to be petted, but only for short periods of time; she's off as soon as the next synapse fires in her brain.

I/E is a hard call - she loves people, but she doesn't like other animals, and she used to hunt food herself, which is a very solitary activity. Those randa-groomings are quick, short, and insufficient, too. I've always said she seemed more like a dog than a cat.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I had forgotten about this thread. None of them fit my cat when I read it before, so I made one up. But now that I read it again she fits this one pretty well:

INFJ "Skitty Kitty": Wants to be affectionate, but never quite overcomes nervousness. "Intrepid" is NOT her middle name. Likes to watch the proceedings from a safe spot, such as the top of the staircase.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ

I know someone with two cats.

ISFP "The Snuggler": Inside lap kitty. Has a favorite lap, a favorite windowsill, but spreads her favors around nonetheless. Warm and loving, but don't try to make her do anything. Purrs a lot.

ENTJ "The Little General": Assumes control of the family and house. He'll kick you out of his chair and demand half the bed. Doesn't purr, but glares while being petted as if you're only doing your duty. Yowls rather than meows.

My brothers joke about stealing the ISFP cat.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments