12 Last

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Default Misconceptions About Aspects of My Personality

There are lot of them on this forum about most of my preferences and my type.

When it comes to my type in particular it really only seems that me and one other individual are interested in correcting the misconceptions. Perhaps others would be too if they realized that the misconceptions were indeed misconceptions.

It's very draining to have to go about correcting these misconceptions and then extremely frustrating when it doesn't even seem to make a difference.

It's not positive misconceptions either. I'm talking about extremely unflattering false ideas.

I'm not sure what attitude to have about it and I'm not sure what to do.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

ABCD is my favourite type

MBTI
    INTP

A Bit Crazy Dear ?
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Ahahahaha!

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    A Bit Crazy Dear ?

A Beautiful Cookie Decorater

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Was the first post a serious one? If so I would be interested in seeing some examples of these misconceptions.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Was the first post a serious one? If so I would be interested in seeing some examples of these misconceptions.
    Um well I can't remember all of them. The last one was cleared up by Sarah. Go Sarah! haha.

It was that...well I can't remember if it was SPs or ISFPS...but the misconception was that with art all we do is sort of move things around until they look good and that's all there is to it. As if we were primal cave creatures incapable of expressing anything more. *Rolls eyes*
    The way it was worded was that there was never really any real depth or meaning or purpose or expression of a view or any real aim/goal and that all it was was us going off of impulses and what looks good.

Oh yeah now I remember another one....this one was that ISFPs only think about emotions in terms of the present and are concerned with how people feel only in the present and that we don't look ahead to see what's best for people overall and instead only attend to the emotions of the present. While yeah of course I'm going to deal with the present moment it doesn't mean that I'm not thinking about what's best overall in the big picture sense. Of course I think about it and aim for it. It's common sense.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Just making this thread actually makes me feel much better about it.

Misconceptions happen. That's life.

If I've helped correct them then I've done my part. I can't control whether people listen or not. And I find that those who matter usually do listen.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Don't worry, I'm sure if I was a long time member here no one would even think of me as an ENFP.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Um well I can't remember all of them. The last one was cleared up by Sarah. Go Sarah! haha.

It was that...well I can't remember if it was SPs or ISFPS...but the misconception was that with art all we do is sort of move things around until they look good and that's all there is to it. As if we were primal cave creatures incapable of expressing anything more. *Rolls eyes*
    The way it was worded was that there was never really any real depth or meaning or purpose or expression of a view or any real aim/goal and that all it was was us going off of impulses and what looks good.

Oh yeah now I remember another one....this one was that ISFPs only think about emotions in terms of the present and are concerned with how people feel only in the present and that we don't look ahead to see what's best for people overall and instead only attend to the emotions of the present. While yeah of course I'm going to deal with the present moment it doesn't mean that I'm not thinking about what's best overall in the big picture sense. Of course I think about it and aim for it. It's common sense.

if I get time today, I'll expound on SPs and art, and give it a thread of its' own. THE RECORD NEEDS TO BE SET STRAIGHT! ha!

I thought some more about this since the last time we talked, and I have some ideas regarding the constant flow of comments from other types about us but that are not actually true, but I have to get my butt in gear and get to work. So... for later.

Sarah
    ISFP