User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default Youth era shenanigans

I have a feeling most of you were pretty tame and conservative in your early pre-teen/teen years but did any one here do some stupid stuff with friends growing up?

My friend and I used to fill up socks with sand and sling them up onto a bridge at cars as they'd pass over. We used to make molotov cocktails and throw them into the woods and stomp it out. We set a Xmas tree on fire under said bridge and let it burn out (a neighbor walked out and just stared at it in disbelief. lol). We used to set up road blocks on said bridge with branches, pipe, ply wood etc.

I obviously don't endorse this behavior anymore but this was 10 years ago.

Share yours.

MBTI
    intp

How obnoxious. And not in a good way. You could have caused an accident.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ISTx

^I realize this... Reckless and stupid, some people lived that way a little bit when they were like 11... I call it growing up.

MBTI
    intp

*stern glare*

My shenanigans were just teasing assholes and letting them get themselves into trouble.

edit: nice edit. sounds better.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ISTx

That's the worse stuff I ever did. haha. I'd probably want to beat kids if I saw them doing what we did today. I just want to hear stupid stories if there are any.

MBTI
    INFP

Dropping out, doing drugs.

Glad that phase is over and done with.

MBTI
    XNXP

I never threw anything at people who were driving ( my brother did throw ketchup loosely wrapped, and snowballs, with cars going pretty slow ) but I would throw things down from heights at tin roofs in amusement parks, to cause a racket and shake up some people. Me and a buddy did that from the "Swiss sky ride" thing that went around the outer boundaries of the park. We were amused to see that security people searching for the culprits were interrogating riders, and being generally intrusive, on the Swiss Sky Ride; about five minutes after we had left it and gone to ground, mingling with the crowd.

I once set up a trail of gasoline leading from a cup-shaped puddle of gasoline on down the street, and then put firecracker fuses in the trail. In the puddle I put a can of Right Guard deodorant wrapped in Magnesium ribbon. It was evening. When I saw a car slowly rounding the corner I lit the puddle, which set off the trail leading back towards the car. ( It was near the end of a dead end street and the cars drove slowly there. ) The driver saw the firecrackers going off in the sequence they had been lit, mostly, which had the appearance of a machine gun volley heading in his direction. Then the magnesium ribbon was ignited from the gasoline in the puddle and it raised the heat on the can of pressurized gas. BOOM ! No one was hurt, but it's a good thing that the driver didn't speed up and then get out to look closely at the puddle. In retrospect, this was probably waay to close to other people. Most of my experiments with explosives were done without anybody being nearby.

The cops were driving around the small forest near there for quite a while, looking for me, but I waited them out.

Kids, don't do this at home !
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    INFP

Don't get me started. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Don't get me started. . .
    Lights fuse...
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    edit: nice edit. sounds better.
    I thought so too.