User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 19 of 19

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Amended - posted too fast...I do care about others, it just isn't what drives my decisions. Sorry about the premature comparison
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...

  2. #12
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    yep, i think it's a negative description of INTJ's and it makes you sound like a complete robot. a scary one at that.
    animenagai you are an idealist to the core.

    On this forum I was more playful then I actually am in real life.

    The description in the first post not only that it is correct in general for me it is correct down to the last letter.This is me in real life.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It sounds like you, A.O. Have you figured yourself out yet?
    1. See above.

    2. Actually this is the 800th post of mine and I think that this is enough for me to draw some conclusions.

    I took this much time since I am the only person in my real life that knows about MBTI.

    I guess that there is only one more thing that needs to be done to end this.



    But I will remain active on the forum because some discussions and arguments are good mental practice.

  3. #13
    Senior Member animenagai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    animenagai you are an idealist to the core.

    On this forum I was more playful then I actually am in real life.

    The description in the first post not only that it is correct in general for me it is correct down to the last letter.This is me in real life.
    yeah i am an idealist . doesn't this description miss out the more positive aspects of being an INTJ though? smart, fiercely loyal to the few they are close to, a general attitude of making everything your tool... the way they phrased it just doesn't sound very positive. it's like making an ENFP description and saying that we are impractical, unorganised, emotional and find it difficult to be alone. these are all true, but it is also only half the story.

    edit: eh, maybe it's just how i read it. either way i think the picture's too extreme, and i doubt that you don't have any emotions at all.

  4. #14
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    How this sounds to you?
    withdrawn, not wild and crazy, private, loner, not relationship obsessed, not swayed by emotions, insensitive to the needs of others, unhelpful, interested in intellectual pursuits, avoidant, does not put the needs of others ahead of self, thinks before acting, very scientific, not upset by the misfortune of strangers, avoids small talk, values solitude, private, does not get worked up about most things, fearless, unaffected by the suffering of others, calm in crisis, not easily excited, won't do much to avoid rejection, not known for generosity, not easily confused, cold, not prone to complimenting others, dislikes most people but tries to get along to minimize hostility, hard to get to know, more dominant than submissive, not easily hurt, driven by reason, influenced more by self than others, rarely worried, hard to impress, not that interested in relationships,unreligious, hard to influence, not concerned about failing when trying something new, self confident, knows why they do things, not easily moved to tears, not prone to jealousy, not guided by moods
    Actually, this sounds a lot like a friend of mine, he is INTJ. The description is very accurate though sounds bleak. It doesn't convey how these qualities may come together in a good way. For instance my friend is very honest and unpretentious. Not frivolous or dramatic. Doesn't need to be center-stage, doesn't care if he has to be either. He doesn't get worked up about much and not easily impressed by anything, which I think makes him very hard to manipulate. (Beautiful, manipulative women of the world have no chance, lol). I think it makes him come across as very genuine, trustworthy and impressive as f**k! These are all great things that flow out of the description above.

    Whether the following is related to the above I don't know but he will demonstrate positive emotion when we're talking about something of interest to him. And good conversation is guaranteed. We are both concerned with getting to the heart of whatever it is we are talking about. He doesn't play 'devil's advocate' which can obfuscate things, and bugs me after a time, so we can explore our opposing arguments very well. His being near unoffendable (great!) means we can converse about even quite taboo subjects very seriously. Very refreshing. Also whether or not it's related to the above he has a very dry, incisive, cynical wit. It is extremely funny though he'll never be bent over double laughing. (But I will be.)

  5. #15
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    yeah i am an idealist . doesn't this description miss out the more positive aspects of being an INTJ though? smart, fiercely loyal to the few they are close to, a general attitude of making everything your tool... the way they phrased it just doesn't sound very positive. it's like making an ENFP description and saying that we are impractical, unorganised, emotional and find it difficult to be alone. these are all true, but it is also only half the story.

    edit: eh, maybe it's just how i read it. either way i think the picture's too extreme, and i doubt that you don't have any emotions at all.
    There is a difference beetween correct-incorrect and complete-incomplete.

    I have all those characteristics but I have more of them then those on the list.
    Don't overlook the fact that I don't score T below 80%.Many times I ended up with 100%, but you are right I have emotions.


    Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Actually, this sounds a lot like a friend of mine, he is INTJ. The description is very accurate though sounds bleak. It doesn't convey how these qualities may come together in a good way. For instance my friend is very honest and unpretentious. Not frivolous or dramatic. Doesn't need to be center-stage, doesn't care if he has to be either. He doesn't get worked up about much and not easily impressed by anything, which I think makes him very hard to manipulate. (Beautiful, manipulative women of the world have no chance, lol). I think it makes him come across as very genuine, trustworthy and impressive as f**k! These are all great things that flow out of the description above.

    Whether the following is related to the above I don't know but he will demonstrate positive emotion when we're talking about something of interest to him. And good conversation is guaranteed. We are both concerned with getting to the heart of whatever it is we are talking about. He doesn't play 'devil's advocate' which can obfuscate things, and bugs me after a time, so we can explore our opposing arguments very well. His being near unoffendable (great!) means we can converse about even quite taboo subjects very seriously. Very refreshing. Also whether or not it's related to the above he has a very dry, incisive, cynical wit. It is extremely funny though he'll never be bent over double laughing. (But I will be.)
    This sounds like me.(more or less).
    I can be sarcastic devils advocete form time to time but I do it as a joke.
    Also I am very hard to manipulate because I am not a follower of the culture that promotes physical(or social) pleasures. What created a living hell for my parents since there was no real way to influence me.


    (Beautiful, manipulative women of the world have no chance, lol).
    You have no idea how many times I have heard this one. (and it is true)


    When I was a teen I ended in a bar with some other people. They were my age but this is a far from typical environment for me. I was there as a parachuter. (if people don't know that this means I can explain)

    The whole point was that some guy wanted to represend his new girlfriend to people and the girl was not a bad looking. But I did not fit in because I don't smoke. So this girl tried to teach me how to smoke but she encountered a strong resistance form my side. So, to end the game I had an argument with her about it. But everybody else were shocked by the fact that I can be so inflexible with so cute/sweet girl.

    I haven't lighten up a cigarette to this day.

  6. #16
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    This sounds like me.(more or less).
    I can be sarcastic devils advocete form time to time but I do it as a joke.
    Also I am very hard to manipulate because I am not a follower of the culture that promotes physical(or social) pleasures. What created a living hell for my parents since there was no real way to influence me....

    When I was a teen I ended in a bar with some other people. They were my age but this is a far from typical environment for me. I was there as a parachuter. (if people don't know that this means I can explain)

    The whole point was that some guy wanted to represend his new girlfriend to people and the girl was not a bad looking. But I did not fit in because I don't smoke. So this girl tried to teach me how to smoke but she encountered a strong resistance form my side. So, to end the game I had an argument with her about it. But everybody else were shocked by the fact that I can be so inflexible with so cute/sweet girl.

    I haven't lighten up a cigarette to this day.
    ^Yeah, whenever my friend is playing 'devil's advocate' it's for a joke too. He doesn't seem to do that in discussions that I know of. I really like the not easily influenced part. He told me he has been that way since he was quite young.

    Is a parachuter someone who is just tagging along for the night out?

  7. #17
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ^Yeah, whenever my friend is playing 'devil's advocate' it's for a joke too. He doesn't seem to do that in discussions that I know of. I really like the not easily influenced part. He told me he has been that way since he was quite young.

    Is a parachuter someone who is just tagging along for the night out?
    I am also like this since I was very young.

    Parachuter means-the person that is not invited but he/she is welcome
    anyway and not even that person planned to end up there.

    Usually it is a friend of a friend.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Ism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    I almost thought it was a description for a dating website. Haaaaa...

  9. #19
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Your name sake...

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFPs, does this happen to you too?
    By Koocoomoo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2016, 07:34 PM
  2. [Fi] Fi users: does this sound like you?
    By prplchknz in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 10:37 PM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 01:48 AM
  4. [MBTItm] Extroverts does this happen to you?
    By BerberElla in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 09:35 PM
  5. [ENFP] does this happen to you ENFP's? or any other types?
    By cheerchick23 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 09:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO