User Tag List

123 Last

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Default Which Natural Disaster would be most interesting to see?

Imagine that you could observe these natural disasters in such a way that you would not die nor would anyone else- there would be no harm to you and others whatsoever. You would be able to experience and see every single thing you would love to know about it. Which do you think would be the neatest to simply observe first hand?

Being Sucked in by a Black Hole
    Volcanic Eruption
    Asteroid Hitting the Earth
    Tsunami
    Gamma Ray Burst
    Earthquake
    Tornado
    Hurricane

If I have left something out please feel free to add
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I'm not sure there'd be much to "see" while being sucked into a black hole. Hurricanes are too large-scale/rainy to see much either. Most earthquakes are boring.

I'd have to say volcanic eruption sounds pretty cool. Maybe asteroid.

I'd pick the asteroid, but I've always been curious to see a nuclear explosion. I'd put that at the top.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    Being Sucked in by a Black Hole
    While being sucked into a black hole you are supposed to see the most amazing lights imaginable and will then die an awesome, pleasant death.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I would like to be able to walk around unaffected in the middle of a tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, a McCain presidency......

^ I c wut u did ther!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I recon watching a volcano erupt would be pretty epic although witnessing a natural disaster in space up close would be pretty darn cool.

MBTI
    XNXP

To surf on a mega tsunami; of the sort caused by giant landslides versus undersea earthquakes.

I would like to take my invulnerable "witness" body and then go look at the sun close up, unblinded by glare and unfazed by heat. That would be truly awesome.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    INFP

I've given this topic a lot of thought.

1. Black hole
    2. Maelstrom (whirlpool, really big one)
    3. Asteroid
    4. Really fucking huge tornado. Like F8. If it were possible. If so, this one would shift to 3.

And I don't think any of them would be nearly as cool if you were observing from a point of safety.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    And I don't think any of them would be nearly as cool if you were observing from a point of safety.

I was thinking that the asteroid would just puff a big cloud up that would obscure your vision of the event.

The maelstrom would be very cool, like in the Poe story. I was fascinated by them as a kid, but so disappointed when I finally saw a "giant whirlpool" near Niagara Falls. There was no funnel; just a lot of "white water", like what people go through when shooting the rapids.

A giant tornado would really be something. I had a dream once that I saw a few heading slowly towards me on a desert planet at night. I was marooned there. These were the type that were real tall and skinny, versus being short and wide. In this case they went up waaaay up into the sky, getting wider as they rose up.

No idea what the black hole would be like. I might be stuck there forever.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.