User Tag List

123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Can't get some F males

I'm an advocate of equality and freedom of gender roles, but I've thought the world hasn't been equally kind for F men. All in all, what I'd label as "troubled" individuals, imbalanced, etc.. perhaps anxious, hyper, etc.. seem greatly overrepresented in self-assessed Fs in my opinion. They are still a small subset of male Fs, but still. Perhaps 5% of male F trigger this idea of "problem individual" for me (7-8% in internet), maybe 2-3% of male Ts (4-5% in internet).

I can get T kind of problem males; some inhumane, rude, detached.. somehow, they just seem to have less of a trouble with their behavior.

I consider myself extremely biased, so I'd wish to have input on this. Clearly I understand someone who plots his revenge quietly and unemotionally, but resent someone who indulges in bursts of emotion and tries to make a scene from everything.

I haven't seen a similar problem with T females..

Is this a bunch of "liberated" males who've discovered their F-ness in a T world, but not had F male peers to develop it well? No F male role models? Using women as their role models, and failing when applying said models to themselves? What is it? Are more of them maladjusted or is it just my view?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Ah this isn't light-hearted casual topic, sorry for making a job for our mod-her-ate-ors
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't share your view.

The F-dom men I've know have been the most well-adjusted, mature, sensitive and decent as well as being intelligent and successful. They seem to have the best of both worlds.

So there.

heart on fire

I would say it is the world's demand that men act a certain way and that it's easier for T males to conform to that than for F males and this creates the anxiety you discern.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Well, you're a T. So you find unhealthy displays of T more comforting than unhealthy displays of F?

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I don't know, maybe we F men need to fight a stereotype, but the T men have trouble too. Think about the school shootings and stuff like that. The "profile" of a school shooter is very much sick T if you ask me.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I've a bit same kind of experience, they seem mostly humane and all-around decent. Still, I'd suspect observer bias about the intelligence. Nothing points out to them having different intelligence from the general population. But.. perhaps it's just my greater dislike of F rampage as opposed to T rampage. What I had in mind is when people misbehave. This is strictly opinion.. but.. F men on some verbal (or other) rampage can seem incredibly off-balanced. I'd wish more knowledge about this than just take it as my own observer bias; perhaps I've seen the worst.

Perhaps I should put it another way. I've seen people go mad of anger, righteous anger or not; speaking of anger, F males seem the most incoherent, random, strange and imbalanced out of all angered people. I'm thinking of male dominance in conjunction with a mood when people shouldn't attempt to dominate - when they're mad with irrational emotions. Perhaps women know not to exhibit it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    NF

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post

Is this a bunch of "liberated" males who've discovered their F-ness in a T world, but not had F male peers to develop it well? No F male role models? Using women as their role models, and failing when applying said models to themselves? What is it? Are more of them maladjusted or is it just my view?

The bolded part I've seen play out quite abit.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    All in all, what I'd label as "troubled" individuals, imbalanced, etc.. perhaps anxious, hyper, etc.. seem greatly overrepresented in self-assessed Fs in my opinion.
    Perhaps they type themselves as Fs because they think the only requirement is that they have feelings, and they somehow think that this is an excuse or reason for how they feel?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Well, you're a T. So you find unhealthy displays of T more comforting than unhealthy displays of F?
    I'm not Santtu, but for me, I think this is an accurate statement.