User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Lol, I don't get it. I think the OP has the notion of male feelers confused with little winey bitches.

Feeler = Subjective decision making.
    Thinker = Objective decision making.

Feeler =/= mushy drama queen.
    Thinker =/= selfish asshole.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I don't know, maybe we F men need to fight a stereotype, but the T men have trouble too. Think about the school shootings and stuff like that. The "profile" of a school shooter is very much sick T if you ask me.
    Yeah, I've thought of our domestic school killers and the infamous bomber as T's, too. So they keep it within and then deliver it with fatal consequences. So sad.. and I must say, I'd probably be bad in recognizing unhealthy behavior in T men. I've got my own biases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

heart on fire

Are you particularly close to these F males? Maybe they just feel comfortable venting with you?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Yeah, I've thought of our domestic school killers and the infamous bomber as T's, too. So they keep it within and then deliver it with fatal consequences. So sad.. and I must say, I'd probably be bad in recognizing unhealthy behavior in T men. I've got my own biases.
    So is this a disscussion of unhealthy emotions. Obviously a person who goes and does something like that to a school is using negative emotions and not logic, as is a person cursing everyone in their family or friends for not having a bad day.

MBTI
    ESFJ

What if you are a drama queen AND a selfish asshole?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Well, all the three cases we had here, in my opinion they were all intelligent, passive-aggressive men. INT, maybe..? Well, at least superficially it looked like that, but of course they might have been Fs who were suppressing their F.

But, as far as role models. I never wanted to be like my dad, so I for sure had my mom as a role model. I don't feel like I am unhealthy because of this...

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Are you particularly close to these F males? Maybe they just feel comfortable venting with you?
    No, just some family members of friends of mine, friends of friends, etc. I'm starting to think perhaps it's just me; I know the sarcastic T type, one with miserable feelings, annoying the hell out of everyone. Somehow I find it somewhat manageable. Hell, I've been such an idiot myself Not to equate sarcasm with idiocy, quite the contrary - just that I've not always executed sarcasm with the required amount of wit & healthy feelings.

So to get back on track, those sarcastic or otherwise mean T people don't seem to have much of a negative effect in situations I've seen. They're motivated by bad feelings, but they don't seem to spread those bad feelings on others nearly as effectively as the F dominated.

Perhaps it's hugely culture dependent. It's somewhat valued to hide feelings in here, or at least portray something to that effect. I mean - it's ok to be noticeably motivated by negative feelings and to restrain oneself, tho it's less acceptable in here to express one's negative feelings openly. A Finnish thing, then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

So to get back on track, those sarcastic or otherwise mean T people don't seem to have much of a negative effect in situations I've seen. They're motivated by bad feelings, but they don't seem to spread those bad feelings on others nearly as effectively as the F dominated.
    The kind of cynical sarcasm is something that gets to me. The thing is... you cant really respond to that because the sarcastic guy will only be like "oh, you cant take a joke?!". But in the case of shouting to my face, at least I can reply to that. So, in my view a mean sarcastic guy is poisoning the atmosphere by his presence. And at the same time he makes sure that he will not be confronted. Cowardly way of expressing emotions.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

In my experience INFPs keep their feelings to themselves more than most.

MBTI
    ESFJ

No, just some family members of friends of mine, friends of friends, etc. I'm starting to think perhaps it's just me; I know the sarcastic T type, one with miserable feelings, annoying the hell out of everyone. Somehow I find it somewhat manageable. Hell, I've been such an idiot myself Not to equate sarcasm with idiocy, quite the contrary - just that I've not always executed sarcasm with the required amount of wit & healthy feelings.

Perhaps it's hugely culture dependent. It's somewhat valued to hide feelings in here, or at least portray something to that effect. I mean - it's ok to be noticeably motivated by negative feelings and to restrain oneself, tho it's less acceptable in here to express one's negative feelings openly. A Finnish thing, then?

Perhaps. I feel fairly comfortable showing my F as a male here in the United States, but I think I am pretty good at keeping within the range of acceptable behavior. I am also an East Coaster, and we are pretty upfront people.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"