User Tag List

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default Drawing the line between Personal Responsibility & Corporate Responsibility?

I've seen a lot of discussions about things like the internet, the music industry, politics, what kids should or should not be exposed to, television's turn of events... blahblahblah. (I hope I'm wording this all right!)

I'm a big believer, personally, in personal responsibility. It's part of my religious beliefs, down to the core, that your actions have the power to do almost everything you'd need to accomplish in your lifetime, so the responsibility sets upon you.
    For example: I think that if my kids (if I ever have them..) shouldn't be exposed to something, I go out of my way to ensure they don't rather than blaming the hosts of the channels being watched.
    Another example: Little Jimmy isn't doing well in school. I feel it my responsibility to go out of my way, no matter what, to ensure he succeeds. Taking care of my own child, and not worrying about anyone else's.
    Taking an example out of children context: It's my personal responsibility to vote. I vote for the people I want in office, and feel I have no right to protest or feel angst toward the system unless I contribute to it.

Taking things the other way around:
    Example 1: Could be taken as that if a channel normally known to play a certain flavor of things starts moving in another direction, parents that have spent time knowing a program one way and trusting it could suddenly realize that there are messages they don't like being displayed.
    Example 2: The school system is not alerting the parents from an early stage of their son's lack of homework turn-in, tutorials are not being as mandated as they could be, and assignments are given to let borderline kids slide by the system instead of holding them back. I know I personally struggle with this lack of alerting with my youngest sister: I don't know how bad her grades are until 6 weeks after school has started.
    Example 3: With politics, commercials and media are constantly lying and always have agendas, making me possibly feel unable to get a clear view of whom I want to really vote for.

I know there are a lot of bogus lawsuits on this matter and such; this is just out of curiosity. So where do ya'll think the line should be drawn in the different aspects of life between Personal responsibility and Corporate responsibility?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP

hmmm... I agree on some levels with this, relate on many... when I'm less drunk (tomorrow), I'll try to give it the answer it deserves (or the closest to that I can manage)
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Appreciated. Just curiosity on what people feel personally.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge