User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Now you've gone and done it, CC. That is one scary-lookin' woman!
    *Shudder*
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    McCain Wins Presidency
    Followed by "McCain Dies, Palin the New President"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Favorite time of the year...good stuff, Kuranes!

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Now you've gone and done it, CC. That is one scary-lookin' woman!
    *Shudder*
    I remember killing some time, while waiting for an interview to begin, that I had arrived early for. I sat down in a booth in this restaurant/bar, and somehow ended up attracting the attention of this older Latin man, who eventually sat in my booth. He was a a little bit drunk, but not outrageously so. Raising his voice a little louder than it needed to be, and some more of some of those kinds of "symptoms".

I don't remember all that he went into as we sat there. He was doing most of the talking, and i think I stayed where I was out of politeness, and also he was kind of amusing at times because he was ( in his stories about his life ) always so forceful and gallant etc.

But he kept coming back to this one subject again and again, as if to make sure that there could be no misunderstanding about it.

"Beatrice Arthur !! There is a woman I would do anything for !" and he would look me in the eyes as if daring me to challenge this conviction. He would talk about something else for a while and then ...suddenly....we'd be back on the subject of Bea Arthur again.

He asked me what I thought of her and I hemmed and hawed, and eventually said something positive enough that he was able to seize on it, as validation of his own feelings; and so then he smiled at me..... like we were conspirators who both believed in the same unusual creed. "Beatrice Arthur !! Now there is a LADY !!"

I've seen silly conversations between guys about women before -

"Seriously dude, don't lie to us and tell us you wouldn't kiss Cindy Crawford's ass"
    "No, I mean she's pretty an' all, but I just don't..." etc.

- but ...Bea Arthur ?!

I took my leave of this guy eventually, and went on to my interview - which I aced. Every time I see her now, I think of him and how he wanted to constantly "honor" her.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    istp

how did i know CC was gonna post bugs

just couldnt resist, could you?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    it's evil bilbo's twin sister, bea baggins!

MBTI
    INFP

Well, they say alcohol distorts perception. But maybe he was drinking beause of! That is too funny. I love to sit and talk with strangers. The things they say. . .

Everybody's running their deal. That's sorta scary.

I'll try again:

This one is a good one for Halloween (and election time.)

Edit: Thit! Why can't I do this on this forum?

I want to play.

The one of me and my husband ended up on my profile page if you want to see it.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^_^b Halloween! My favorite holiday of the year.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    infp

Halloween? You can say that again! Harper is getting reelected! AAHHHHHHHHH

Theres my topical humour for the day

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post

The one of me and my husband ended up on my profile page if you want to see it.
    And here I had you pictured as a dishwater blonde.

Sorry you're having trouble with the graphics uploading. I can try to advise you if you want to talk about it in PM's. We've talked about getting an uploader here before, and I've been informed that member Sprilis would be the go-to person for that. I took JF's suggestion of using TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting myself, and it usually works. ( Sometimes I cannot get my "copy/paste" options to be clickable on the menu, though. ) I could see your "image code" when I quoted your post. Not sure what's happening here. Maybe if you post something in the Feedback area, you can ask to connect with people with way more tech skills than me.

"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Now remember to drink responsibly kiddies, bad things happen at Halloween...