User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What gives you a personal sense of importance?

8w9 sx/sp

The leading role in the play!
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

you know, everything about me being an ENFP has come about from my drive for wanting meaning. it is why i like having fun all the time, it is why i philosophize, it is why i want to be a friendly person. when it comes to importance though, i'm not sure if i'll ever be fulfilled. a compliment always brightens my day but i know that only means so much. i think until i come up with a piece of philosophy that shakes up the world somehow, i won't feel that sense of importance fully.

I don't think I've necessarily felt a sense of importance. So I don't know what would do it.

One thing that makes me feel insignificant, however, is when I put a lot of thought into something, and having it dismissed due to people not taking the time to think things through.

Somethings have a minimum complexity to it. There is no making it "simpler" because then there would be nothing to explain. It is probably the biggest frustration in my life.

I've had to explain things to people over and over again.

Often, then only way to make them pay attention is to actually get angry.

Then they listen, and understand, and usually even consider it worth the time to listen.

When I ask them what about my initial explanation they didn't get, they just shake their heads. "I don't know."

It makes me think, most people just don't want to listen, and I want to find another way than just getting angry to get people to listen.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Ten. Inches.
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!