User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Hmm.. I suppose I feel important during simple things.. like if I can't make something, and someone reschedules it so I can go as well. Or when people go out of their way to invite me somewhere. ^_^;; I guess it doesn't take much to please me.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah, I've seen this happen... it's quite alien to me though
    I'm not sure why it is but I just don't feel... uh... I dunno... there's a quote I'm trying to think of actually that sums up how I feel in relation to a project I helped and its success... gahhhh something about an architect who stands in his finished cathedral and looks around with an appreciative eye on his handiwork, seeing its awesomeness but yet not feeling that the awesomeness of the cathedral bears any relationship to his personal awesomeness levels. Haha, gotta find the quote, they said it way better!

I guess I just don't identify personally with stuff... much at all
    Hmmm I think I get a sense of what you mean.

Perhaps it's a difference between Js and Ps? We like to hogs things more then you... This is MINE! Back off!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

1) having an effect on other people
    2) acquiring knowledge
    Last edited by phoenix13; 10-14-2008 at 05:49 PM.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

Entertaining people, getting them to laugh, making them feel empowered, providing inspiration. Solving problems, fixing things, building things that work, creating and sharing anything original (music, writings, art), providing emotional or physical strength, being loved, being trusted, having my intelligence and my opinion valued and sought after.

A lot of things make me feel important. Even writing this has made me feel important.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENTP

Important, Sid, or just fulfilled?

God, it's gonna go all INTP now isn't it with a "let's agree on a definition of important" thing
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Important, Sid, or just fulfilled?
    If one feels unimportant, they probably do not feel fulfilled. To me, they are the same thing. And I'm talking about importance that actually matters to you, not just some random person.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ISTx

If I'm of benefit to someone else, I guess that makes me feel important. That being said, I'm not too important.

MBTI
    infp

I'm not even sure I care about feeling important. Important? How important can you be, the world will keep spinning. You can be fufilled, you can be awesome and kick ass, but thats not the same as important. You can important to another person, but the other person would be feeling the importance, not you. So I guess nothing gives me a personal sense of importance

Maybe if I cured cancer, maybe then I might feel important, but anything short of astronomical in impact is relatively unimportant and thats sort of how I've always seen it.

MBTI
    isfp

Receiving a genuine compliment from someone who believes I have talent, brains, a graceful physical self-expression, a kind, compassionate personality, or a lot of worth as an individual. Hearing from someone about what a positive difference I've made to them. Living up to my own high expectations (not often the case, but it feels good when it happens). Giving someone a gift of something I've made for them and getting a delighted response. Having the courage to stick to my convictions even if nobody else around me agrees with me and it makes me unpopular. Finally being able to conquer one of my fears. Surprising myself by displaying an ability I never knew I had before. Choosing to not behave childishly or self-centeredly when I'm tempted to, and noticing that my choice has improved my relationships.

Sarah
    ISFP

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Having the courage to stick to my convictions even if nobody else around me agrees with me and it makes me unpopular.
    Sarah
    ISFP
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables