Thread: Hello.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Default Hello.

This isn't a welcome thread since I'm not introducing myself, yet I am asking you to introduce yourself to me. So often I come to a place like this and I get the feeling that everyone is coming in and out and never really connecting with anyone else. For instance, I'll typically come in and type something without really thinking about it and then I'll cast aside any responses they don't suit my mood or answer a direct question. So many people come here and yet I know none of you. So please, take the time to tell me who you are and what you're doing here. And please, don't give me the typical, knee-jerk responses. I want to feel like I'm sitting next to you in a moment of silence and able, finally, to see you for who you are, how you relate to me, and both of our places in reality. Can you do that? I know that I'm probably being a bit hypocritical since I'm, once again, likely going to tune out all but a specific flavor of response... But understand that this is who I am, an organized mess of cogent contradictions.
    Last edited by ferunandesu; 06-30-2007 at 12:50 PM.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hi,

I'm Jennifer.

I [was] asked to be a moderator here because I thought the success of mbticentral would help resolve some of the internal forum stress at intpcentral, and because I thought it was a neat opportunity to help build a forum from scratch. (I also felt I was in a unique position to be a bridge for people in such a time for change.)

I'm here for a number of things. I enjoy many of the people, I don't often find a lot of people who I connect with so easily IRL, I enjoy discussing a variety of topics (from the very intellectual down to the personal and/or somewhat trivial), and I also need some emotional and practical support from others at this time in my life, due to some personal [identity and spiritual] issues.

I also enjoy contributing what I know to others, and you never quite know what's going to be asked or what sort of threads will pop up.

(I am also Crowsie's custodial guardian so I make sure she is properly fed, watered, and walked in order that she doesn't accidentally ingurgitate hapless forum visitors... As long as you keep your hands and feet outside the thread, she's harmless: I promise!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTj

Hi. My name is Dr. Haight, and I love people.

- My favorite color is green.
    - My favorite number is 4.
    - I like to cuddle.
    - I enjoy tennis and basketball.
    - I like to ban people.
    - I like wine and vodka.
    - I can stay in my house for two weeks straight without ever needing to step outside.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    type

You know me already.

Hell. Everyone knows me.

I should start a club.

Crow factoid: I keep a ball peen hammer in easy reach beside the driver's seat.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Crow factoid: I keep a ball peen hammer in easy reach beside the driver's seat.
    (SEE???? And you thought I was JOKING about her needing a keeper earlier.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    (I am also Crowsie's custodial guardian so I make sure she is properly fed, watered, and walked in order that she doesn't accidentally ingurgitate hapless forum visitors... As long as you keep your hands and feet outside the thread, she's harmless: I promise!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    (SEE???? And you thought I was JOKING about her needing a keeper earlier.)
    Oh, Ferun and I go way back. We're products of the same educational system.

And...you're just jealous.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

I'm at work. Weeeeeeeeee! (spinning chair)

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ferunandesu View Post
    I'm at work. Weeeeeeeeee! (spinning chair)
    Do a headstand on it!! And then get someone to spin you! (I tried that once.)
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

heart on fire

Hi Ferunandesu.

I am pretty much new here, but have been lurking for a while now. I am 38, married, love cats, mostly annoyed by people, I live to read and I like ice cream and fruit. Glad to meet you.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Hmm, is everyone in here too I to introduce themselves? Ha, just kidding.

Well, I'm Sarah. I just graduated high school and I'm planning on majoring in Psychology next year. I enjoy listening to music and spending time with my friends. I like spending time around other people. I can't work alone. The day goes by so much slower if I don't have anyone to talk to. I like doing nice things for people.. be it for their birthday or just random surprises. I love deep conversations with people about life and why humans exist. I can basically make conversation with anyone. I'll do anything for my friends and family and I absolutely love making people laugh and smile. I've been told that I'm good at reading people.. therefore I like giving other people advice.
    I guess that's about it. I actually have a hard time talking about myself so I just wrote about how I relate to others. How ES.. I know.
    I bet they'll put something in the air tonight, just to light your face.