User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: How Es think?

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i don't see the question.

you told a story and you're asking how it sounds?

would i want to do that? doesn't sound like a bad way to spend an evening...but ....no i wouldn't have done it....wouldn't have cared that you wanted to though.
    That is all, you have done everything I asked for.

The point is how Es react to this kind of behaviour or what they think about it.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't see anything strange about that. I like to party but not all the time, I like sitting under the stars and chilling on my own just as much, and I'd rather do that than go to a party that was gonna be lame or maybe just not my kind of party. If I was there the next day and people were criticising you for not going to the party I'd be on your side and tell them to get stuffed, you're entitled to do your thing if you want and you weren't harming anyone. If they were moaning at you saying you were irresponsible from a personal safety point of view, I'd laugh at them and make jokes about killer squirrels or something.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ agreed...would've totally defended your right to do that instead...i might have done that with someone if they wanted to...but i love a good party too...good meaning there are people i'm interested in hanging out with.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

I prefer to be alone when I explore the wilderness or anywhere else, frankly, otherwise people tend to shunt me into leader mode and I'm too busy anticipating everyone's needs and iminent spazz attacks and how to circumvent them, to notice the cool shit around me, or they just don't STFU so I can't like, hear the birds. And I can't just follow my nose cos I've got to account for what they want to do/see etc.

If I go somewhere with other people I prefer to go places I've already been, so my first impression of a place is more complete cos I'm able when alone to completely tune into the external environment and totally grok its essence. Not if I've got some schmuck nagging in my ear that they're hungry and can we go get a pint now and no I can't be bothered to walk down there and can I borrow your gloves? lol
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I prefer to be alone when I explore the wilderness or anywhere else, frankly, otherwise people tend to shunt me into leader mode and I'm too busy anticipating everyone's needs and iminent spazz attacks and how to circumvent them, to notice the cool shit around me, or they just don't STFU so I can't like, hear the birds. And I can't just follow my nose cos I've got to account for what they want to do/see etc.

If I go somewhere with other people I prefer to go places I've already been, so my first impression of a place is more complete cos I'm able when alone to completely tune into the external environment and totally grok its essence. Not if I've got some schmuck nagging in my ear that they're hungry and can we go get a pint now and no I can't be bothered to walk down there and can I borrow your gloves? lol

Yeah, freaking talkers...
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ haha...yes there certainly are some people who could ruin such an experience...but imo others that could enhance it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Yeah, freaking talkers...
    this from the woman who complained about the sound of crickets in the SJ forum

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    this from the woman who complained about the sound of crickets in the SJ forum

yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Introspecting and intraspecting are two mental activities I not only engage in often and greatly enjoy but that I heavily depend on in order to establish and reinforce a dynamic anchored Self that keeps me centered, facilitating within me, a sense of harmony and understanding amidst this chaotic experience we call life/existence.

I enjoy thinking about a multitude of different things, sometimes in solitude, and other times while in the company of others.

As an extrovert, and as a human being who cares about human beings, I happen to enjoy engaging, as well as observing my fellow human beings.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    If you seek knowledge and fresh perspective, head to the library and get the books written by the truly great thinkers.
    This is overall an inefficient method (especially for what an ENTP is interested in). The most efficient method is to talk with someone who is very knowledgable in the field you are interested in. Not only can they tell you about the writings of some "great thinker", but they can synthesize the writings of several books together in the discussion and give their own educated opinions. Also they can answer any specific question you have about the topic.

For me this is usually enough, because for most topics I don't want to know every single detail about it. I just want a broad understanding of the underlying concepts. Reading a book would be a waste of time. Now if I do want to know all of the details, then I'll go look them up in a book, but usually I don't care enough to bother with them.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com