User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: How Es think?

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

yeah, i think that N dilutes it for some reason. need for introspection? that's why i do it, anyway.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Seeing how I sometimes think I'm possibly an Extrovert who's learned to internalize because of domineering, controlling, and overprotective parents at an early age, I would say that I find it very difficult to relate to other people on a personal level.

On the other hand, many people I've come into contact with in the past have commented on how talkative and energetic I was. My interactions with others mostly consisted of talking to people without realizing the lack of interest of the listener.

And I also find that I'm better at listening than reading. I'd much rather hear someone talk about their thoughts and ideas than read them on paper. It's easier for me to follow. And I also find it easier to discuss my ideas with others and have input from the other person, which, in turn, helps me expand them. Other times, however, I just like bouncing ideas out into the open to get a reaction from others.

Another habit I had when I was taking college courses was sparring with my professors. I found it easy to talk to many of them and discuss my thoughts with them. I often just blurted out my thought on a subject and sometimes challenged the teachers.

But while I prefer to be alone, most people I've ever come across see me as an extrovert.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...i have no problem being quiet for things like that either...and i feel like conversations should always flow both ways.

i just really get off on shared moments with people...i think that's all life is really...just an accumulation of shared moments...shared ideas...shared love...and experience...i don't understand the point otherwise.

Es don't think... they looove

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

The purpose of this thread is explaining habits of Es.
    There will be differences for sure since this is directed to 8 types.
    Introverts are also welcome.

Why are you social?
    The same reason you are anti social~ talking and being around people is where I get my energy from.

I am interested in understanding why some people(majority) have developed sense or need to be in contact with other people.
    What do you see in other people(in general) that you deside to hang out with them?
    It doesn't have to do with "seeing things in other people!" Its not a thought process, its a reaction like eating when you're hungry or sleeping when you're tired. You do it to get energy like anything else. Like if you get tired from being around people, your instinct is to get away from them, no matter how much you like or dislike them.
    What happens to you if you don't socialize during longer period of time?
    I feel really tired and depressed.... sick, almost.
    How do you take conflict on personal level?
    Internalize it.... something is wrong with me if i'm in conflict with other people or if people around me are arguing...

as far as being in lectures........
    during those night ones that last three hours I have some options, get drunk, raise hand a lot, act out, text message. or actually cry.. (yea thats happened, haha.)

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Es think? This I did not know. I thought we left all of that up to introverts. Along with reading books.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I wonder how introverts would react to an accusation that they're dumb, based on my observation of what seems to be a total inability to just respond to something without having to go away and think about it?
    Substitute, while I realize you say this in good fun and don't presume to believe the fact is something you are unaware of, it does stand to note that many extraverts do judge introverts thusly, arriving at that precise conclusion.

I don't want to derail this thread, though. I'm quite curious to understand extraverts. Their thought process seems like... having your "internal" organs on the outside of your body.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    How many INTs do you know?
    I would say maybe 25-30% of my friends. That's a lot, because I'm an E, and I actually have a lot of friends.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I would say maybe 25-30% of my friends. That's a lot, because I'm an E, and I actually have a lot of friends.
    I have a lot of friends, too. I have computers, consoles, and Internet access.

Not to mention a six-foot tall bunny.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Why are you social?
    One word: CURIOSITY.

I can't say "why" I'm social, it's like an instinct, it's the way I am. I feel at ease with people, I like to observe them, to see their reactions.
    Unlike many extroverts here, I would not say I'm extremely talkative. In fact, I can be quite silent during a long time.

Sometimes, I enjoy nothing more than wandering silently in the busy streets, amongst the crowd, and listen to every stories I notice, see the faces, the colours, the lights, that's everywhere if you are curious enough... People inspire me, they exhilarate me. They make me smile, they make me feel alive.
    There's nothing like sensing one hundred heartbeats around you.

If you want to better understand me, I would quote Baudelaire:

"Il n'est pas donn chacun de prendre un bain de multitude: jouir de la foule est un art; et celui-l seul peut faire, aux dpens du genre humain, une ribote de vitalit, qui une fe a insuffl dans son berceau le got du travestissement et du masque, la haine du domicile et la passion du voyage.

Multitude, solitude: deux termes gaux et convertibles pour le pote actif et fcond. Qui ne sait pas peupler sa solitude, ne sait pas non plus tre seul dans une foule affaire.

Le pote jouit de cet incomparable privilge, qu'il peut sa guise tre lui-mme et autrui. Comme ces mes errantes qui cherchent un corps, il entre, quand il veut, dans le personnage de chacun. Pour lui seul, tout est vacant; et si de certaines places paraissent lui tre fermes, c'est qu' ses yeux elles ne valent pas la peine d'tre visites.

Le promeneur solitaire et pensif tire une singulire ivresse de cette universelle communion. Celui-l qui pouse facilement la foule connat des jouissances fivreuses, dont seront ternellement privs l'goste, ferm comme un coffre, et le paresseux, intern comme un mollusque. Il adopte comme siennes toutes les professions, toutes les joies et toutes les misres que la circonstance lui prsente.

Ce que les hommes nomment amour est bien petit, bien restreint et bien faible, compar cette ineffable orgie, cette sainte prostitution de l'me qui se donne tout entire, posie et charit, l'imprvu qui se montre, l'inconnu qui passe."

And now the translation:

"Not everyone can take a bath in the crowd: enjoying the crowd is an art -- and he alone can go on a drunken spree at the expense of the human race who has been visited by a fairy in his cradle and had breathed into him a taste for disguises and masks, a hatred of home, and a passion for travel.

Multitude, solitude: two equal and exchangeable terms for the active and fertile poet. He who does not know how to people his solitude, also does not know how to be alone in a busy crowd.

The poet enjoys this incomparable privilege: that he can, as he chooses, be himself and another. Like souls that wander in search of a body, he enters, whenever he wishes, into the person of others. For him alone, all is vacant; and if certain places appear closed to him, this is only because in his eyes they are not worth the trouble of visiting.

The solitary and pensive stroller derives a singular drunkenness from this universal communion. He who easily marries the crowd knows feverish pleasures, of which the egoist -- closed like a strongbox -- and the lazy man -- confined like a mollusk -- will be eternally deprived. He adopts as his own all of the professions, all of the joys, and all of the miseries presented to him by circumstance.

What men call love is very small indeed, very restrained, and very weak, compared to that ineffable orgy, to that sacred prostitution of the soul that gives itself entirely -- poetry and charity -- to the person who appears unexpectedly, to the unknown passerby."

What do you see in other people(in general) that you deside to hang out with them?
    They are different. Their existences are the only way to quench my unrelenting thirst for curiosity. Every day, I like to hear from a different tale; every day, I like to discover a new aspect of things, to explore a new layer.

If I do not do this, I feel like I'm wasting my time.

What happens to you if you don't socialize during longer period of time?
    I get depressed. I lose my energy, my inspiration. I feel like I'm missing something.

How do you take conflict on personal level?
    My NT side often gets me into real trouble, since lot of my remarks are often personal and painfully harsh. Usually, I'm able to retain a diplomatic composure, but sometimes, when my curiosity is too strong, this facade may suddenly vanish.

I like to argue, I even have an odd perverse pleasure to do it, to tease people or to provoke them. I have to admit I sometimes enjoy to ridicule people, especially if they seem either ignorant, immature or too arrogant... If they behave far too seriously, in fact, or if they seem unable to laugh at themselves. I fear that lot of my then victims probably are introverts, especially INTs or ISTs.

But to say the truth, those sudden crisis are rather impish in nature than really nasty. I'm not a spiteful person and I may quickly sympathize with almost anybody.
    Thus these conflicts never last a long time, and it's easy for me to befriend even some of my worst former ennemies.
    Last edited by Blackmail!; 11-10-2008 at 09:21 AM.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI