User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Thread: How Es think?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Booo! This isn't INTPc you know!! Boooooo!

We think a lot. But externally.

(see antisocial one, this is just what I'm talking about - "you didn't have it all figured out before you opened your mouth, therefore you talk shit and don't think")

I wonder how introverts would react to an accusation that they're dumb, based on my observation of what seems to be a total inability to just respond to something without having to go away and think about it?

E: What do you think of it then?
    I: Oh gee, I don't know
    E: C'mon, you must have some opinion on it?
    I: Well I do, I just don't know what it is right now...
    E: Jesus, it's just a curtain...
    I: No! I need my me-time! Get away! Stop assaulting me with your rapid fire conversational gambits!

All your deep thought isn't external is it? I'd assume you still have something going on just internally.

I can share what I think at the drop of a pin. Maybe that's more of a IJ or IF thing? Or maybe it's just what a non-opinionated person does?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    All your deep thought isn't external is it? I'd assume you still have something going on just internally.
    Certainly. I wouldn't get much out of all the meditation I do otherwise, would I? But the stuff I meditate on internally is the direct result of having externalized my instinctive perceptions...

I can share what I think at the drop of a pin. Maybe that's more of a IJ or IF thing? Or maybe it's just what a non-opinionated person does?
    Well, i was only kidding. But I meant more that y'all tend to need time to think about something before you know what to say about it, and don't like to give instant answers to new data or questions. I know that if it's something you've encountered before and have had time to think about before I even met you, no doubt at all you'd be able to come out with your thoughts on the matter. But IME, to catch an introvert off-guard is to stand in front of them with something they've not had time to familiarize themselves with in alone time, and ask for an instant answer or decision.

Though granted, this isn't exactly a P strength in general...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

Actually that made me think about how perhaps with introverts it's the other way round - y'all meditate (formally or otherwise) primarily to figure out shit in your heads, then your attempts to apply it in the outside world, to test its feasibility etc - is that like your equivalent to my meditating? Y'know, like if it comes back as a bum idea that didn't work, you're back to the drawing board?

Like, my drawing board is 'out there' whilst yours is 'inside'?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    INTP

Well, i was only kidding. But I meant more that y'all tend to need time to think about something before you know what to say about it, and don't like to give instant answers to new data or questions. I know that if it's something you've encountered before and have had time to think about before I even met you, no doubt at all you'd be able to come out with your thoughts on the matter. But IME, to catch an introvert off-guard is to stand in front of them with something they've not had time to familiarize themselves with in alone time, and ask for an instant answer or decision.

Though granted, this isn't exactly a P strength in general...
    yeah, us introverts.. have this weird thing about being right, for some that takes time.

But I believe I read something on introverts having more long-term memories to sift through before giving an answer, while extroverts have fewer balls of ideas going on in their heads, so they can often answer right away. I think it went something like that..maybe I can find the text again..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

In response to the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Why are you social?
    Because I feel most comfortable around groups of people, and this is how i regain energy. If I'm feeling bad, fuck it, lets go hang out.

What do you see in other people(in general) that you deside to hang out with them?
    intelligence, individuality, humor, something to offer to conversation

What happens to you if you don't socialize during longer period of time?
    I get cranky.

How do you take conflict on personal level?
    I hate conflict and run away from it rather than face it unless I'm directly confronted. In that case, I gather my kohones and act as the testosterone in my body directs me to

To verify my position- I scored I=100% many times. So I want to understand the other side.
    Funny, I've scored E 100% multiple times.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    ENTP

yeah, us introverts.. have this weird thing about being right, for some that takes time.
    It takes you time as well - you just do it when nobody's looking so you can pretend you didn't do it at all

MBTI
    INTP

It takes you time as well - you just do it when nobody's looking so you can pretend you didn't do it at all
    uh...er...one sec....

MBTI
    ENTP

Well anyway, I don't wanna seem like I'm talking for all E's... not even all ENTP's. Just myself, really. I'm just as interested as AO to hear how other E-types differ from myself

MBTI
    ESFJ

Wait.. why are we assuming E's think?
    I think a lot more than most Introverts I know.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Actually that made me think about how perhaps with introverts it's the other way round - y'all meditate (formally or otherwise) primarily to figure out shit in your heads, then your attempts to apply it in the outside world, to test its feasibility etc - is that like your equivalent to my meditating? Y'know, like if it comes back as a bum idea that didn't work, you're back to the drawing board?

Like, my drawing board is 'out there' whilst yours is 'inside'?
    I can think on my feet if asked to, but there are some subjects I simply don't have an opinion on. Some of them, I can see a lot of sides to a situation, and I don't want to commit to espousing one or the other. And I don't like the feeling of rambling. I teach, so I have to reassess and answer questions I haven't necessarily thought about, in real time. It's sometimes hard to really think knowing that a bunch of people are waiting on your answer, but I manage the best I can. It seems like once those thoughts are outside my head, I don't have as much control over them. It's like they're floating out there and I can't corral them. I like to corral them inside my head and then release them into the wild. Now, if I'm bouncing ideas off of someone, more of a collaboration, that's pretty awesome. I can refine what I mean as I throw an idea out and get feedback on it.

I have an ENFJ friend who is all about externalizing her thoughts. She clarifies her opinions as she talks about them. She can talk for hours, and I just listen, throwing in a comment or suggestion every now and then. When she writes, she tends to need to prime the pump and clear her mind before she can focus on the things she really wants to convey. I get the impression her mind is a bundle of ideas that she can't unravel until she's vocalized them. But I don't know that for sure.