Thread: How Es think?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Es don't think! Don't be silly.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    LoLz

Every single book I read says, "If you don't know what an E is thinking, you're not listening."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Es don't think! Don't be silly.

yeah...nocaps didn't think that through.

of course we do...we just think on the fly.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Every single book I read says, "If you don't know what an E is thinking, you're not listening."
    this is true...
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I call it ENFP crazy eyes.
    "Love is not a product of reasonings and statistics. It just comes--none knows whence--and cannot explain itself." -Mark Twain, Eve's Diary

"Laughter which cannot be suppressed is catching. Sooner or later it washes away our defences, and undermines our dignity, and we join in it -- ashamed of our weakness, and embittered against the cause of its exposure, but no matter, we have to join in, there is no help for it." Mark Twain

MBTI
    LoLz

I guess it's part of being an introvert, but I just assumed my entire life that everything someone says is only 1/4 of what they're thinking. I mean, that's the way it is with me, so why not everyone else? That is, until I found MBTI.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post

Revengence!
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ well of course we can't actually say everything...i guess it depends on the situation...that second that you have the thought right before you talk...i guess you usually know if it's appropriate to share...but not always...or you don't always take that sec to pause....depending on the situation...like around my close friends or in informal situations i don't pause...but in a work environment or something i might try to pause first.

and...i'll add that occasionally i have gotten shy with someone i was attracted to because i guess i couldn't/ shouldn't actually say anything i was thinking...so...i wonder if that's a typical e thing to do in the beginning.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    LoLz

So, that just reinforces the "What you hear is what you get" with an E in a conversation? That'd explain why some E's feel uncomfortable around me, since I'm spending 1/3 of the time listening, 1/3 formulating responses, and the last part actually talking while they're just rambling on.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ right...and i can tell when someone is only taking in part of it because they are thinking about what they're going to say next...i can see those wheels turning in there!!
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    I guess it's part of being an introvert, but I just assumed my entire life that everything someone says is only 1/4 of what they're thinking. I mean, that's the way it is with me, so why not everyone else? That is, until I found MBTI.
    As with all generalizations only a third of it is true. Es are just as good at lying, being hypocritical and being secretive if not better.

And obviously, if I think someone is a "son of a bitch" I'm not going to tell it to their face unless provoked or in the mood to be confrontationalist.

For me being an E is about exploring new people as one would explore new cultures; and also ego-boosting - bask in your proficiency and make other people admire you. This is all very "in your face" but I think at a subconscious level that's basically it.