User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Thread: How Es think?

MBTI
    LoLz

I always feel weird spending that much time at a book store reading. I keep thinking I should leave and/or buy the book. I feel guilty picking up a book and sitting down somewhere to read it, even though they basically PUT the comfy chairs right in front of you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Science, psychology, self-help.

And no, I do not work there, it's just a safe place I can go to, to get out of the house, read new material, and buy some good books.
    haha...me too...love the bookstore...have i already said this?? idk...but...it's my favorite way to waste a sunday...and i like self help and psychology too...not so much science but...a lot of design...art...photography...biographies..poetry.. .i just like to look and look and sit down with stacks at a time.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I do not have the attention span for most books.

(Stereotypical dumb E comment, I know.)

Edit: But I do read them once in a while.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    I always feel weird spending that much time at a book store reading. I keep thinking I should leave and/or buy the book. I feel guilty picking up a book and sitting down somewhere to read it, even though they basically PUT the comfy chairs right in front of you.
    I used to think the same thing, and I still kind of do, but the comfy chairs argue a good case.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't have an attention span to read books, either. And I certainly can't read a book word-for-word -- I usually skim them or jump to the more interesting parts if I do read.

Another problem is that many books don't have much to learn from them. The Internet has easier access to a wealth of new information.

If I'm in a listening mood, I find it easier to follow someone's voice than to read them in print.

That said, however, I'm proficient at writing. What I have to say is also far more important than what anyone else has to say.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well...it should probably be said then that i don't actually sit for hours reading just one book...i would feel bad about doing that too...i would just have to buy it and read it at home but i do like to look at and skim through a bunch of different ones.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post

Why are you social?

I am interested in understanding why some people(majority) have developed sense or need to be in contact with other people.
    What do you see in other people(in general) that you deside to hang out with them?

What happens to you if you don't socialize during longer period of time?

How do you take conflict on personal level?
    I'm social because I get bored sitting all alone. People are fun and interesting.

If I don't socialize for long periods of time (like 2 days tops) I get restless and all "nobody loves me".

I don't like conflict so I try to avoid it. If I see a conversation heading that way, I'll just back off. Howevr if I do get there, then I try to stay as calm as possible to avoid a huge problem. If I don't manage to stay calm I often regret it and try to make it better by apologizing, I feel bad. I hate hurting feelings and more importantly having mine hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I call it ENFP crazy eyes.
    "Love is not a product of reasonings and statistics. It just comes--none knows whence--and cannot explain itself." -Mark Twain, Eve's Diary

"Laughter which cannot be suppressed is catching. Sooner or later it washes away our defences, and undermines our dignity, and we join in it -- ashamed of our weakness, and embittered against the cause of its exposure, but no matter, we have to join in, there is no help for it." Mark Twain

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    That said, however, I'm proficient at writing. What I have to say is also far more important than what anyone else has to say.
    ^LOL...
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I call it ENFP crazy eyes.
    "Love is not a product of reasonings and statistics. It just comes--none knows whence--and cannot explain itself." -Mark Twain, Eve's Diary

"Laughter which cannot be suppressed is catching. Sooner or later it washes away our defences, and undermines our dignity, and we join in it -- ashamed of our weakness, and embittered against the cause of its exposure, but no matter, we have to join in, there is no help for it." Mark Twain

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

As an I, it is every interesting to see how all of you think.

It helps me understand my E mother so much more. She can talk on the phone for hours a day and I can visibly see her get depressed when she doesn't spend time with people.

She loves to talk to people anytime and anyplace. Recently, she told me that she would love to ride the bus (she hasn't done it in forever because she drives) because she loves to watch people. And I think she just loves the energy she gets from being around people.

My silence wigs her out.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...heart actually said something that explained it quite well...she said she sees it as what ought to be on the inside is on the outside...and that's true...imo that's the main difference...more so then energy level or talkativeness...i think it's what they say and how they say it...like me...right now...i don't think about what i'm going to say before i type it...i do it at the same time...and it's usually that way in person too.

so...if i'm talking with someone and i find them interesting...i'll usually say it...at the same time i thought it....that's an extrovert thing, right?
    -Jim Morrison