User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I think I started out with the RAF roundel - and that was because when I sign up for things these days, rather than spend ages narcissistically thinking up a really cool nickname (trying to combat one of my major flaws here), I just went with whatever song was on the stereo. And since I was listening to The Who, I thought a roundel would be appropriate.

Then I changed to a sorta demon dark lord thing, cos it matched my state of mind for a while. I was having to do a lot of manipulation and playing dirty, and found it quite liberating, sorta a little indulgence after years of repressing that side since I went clean. It was sorta fun to see the looks on the faces of people who had thought I was all Mr Nice Guy.

Then I changed to Q, just cos I really dig him - watching him is real fun for me cos it's like vicariously being able to enjoy acting like I wish I could get away with in real life. I went with the judge, cos I thought it was a good way to sorta remind people that besides the loopy, harmless and theatrical appearance of the ENTP, there's the "mad, bad and dangerous to know" side!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I liked the picture, it's very different from other avatars here, and the coloring is nice. Gives a certain flavor to you -- educated, refined, academic (but not in a stuffy sense at all).
    Thanks.

... But are you sure it has nothing to do with my nick calling to mind a branch of social science?

I found my current avatar a few months ago and had been saving it for an opportune time (and my change in UserID seemed to be an appropriate moment). I just thought the image of the woman holding the mask was so appropriate thematically, her appearance resonated with me, and the coloring/style was evocative. It won me over on both counts [content and appearance].
    Your avatar is as poignant as your blog.

MBTI
    INFP

My avatar is the fox from Aesop's "sour grapes" fable. In it, a fox wants to eat some grapes but can't quite reach them. Eventually he walks off saying, "They were probably sour anyway." The moral of the story being that we disdain what we can't have.

It seems fitting at the moment, I don't know why.

MBTI
    INTJ

OMG!

Warning: Psychological substance ahead.

Okay, so I thought my avatar was arbitrarily chosen. I've just realized it isn't (either that, or I'm using it as a Rorschach ink blot):

I should have said like cafe: Mine is cold and pompous, like me only I'm neither that cold nor that pompous.

Seriously, isn't an INTJ the most likely type to choose something subtly Stalinist for an avatar?

Incidentally, I started using this avatar when I was around 17.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    OMG!

Warning: Psychological substance ahead.

Okay, so I thought my avatar was arbitrarily chosen. I've just realized it isn't (either that, or I'm using it as a Rorschach ink blot):

I should have said like cafe: Mine is cold and pompous, like me only I'm neither that cold nor that pompous.

Seriously, isn't an INTJ the most likely type to choose something subtly Stalinist for an avatar?

Incidentally, I started using this avatar when I was around 17.
    I suspect your liberal use of smileys in that post negates some of the Stalinisim, Economica.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

It's my alma mater's mascot.
    Last edited by Rajah; 06-28-2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Replaced boring story with shorter boring story.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Uniformity.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I suspect your liberal use of smileys in that post negates some of the Stalinisim, Economica.
    Whaddya think I use them for?

MBTI
    Pfft

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    It's my alma mater's mascot.
    Aw....I liked the other story better.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.