First 123

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    To me it looks like Fs have one "strange" habit.

It looks like that the Fs in many situations are thinking /feeling that the other person is in the same state as they are.

The more presure there is in a situation the more likely this is to happen.

In case that there are two/few Fs in same situation then this works.

But if there is a T in the equation this principle does not work anymore.
    The possibility of an F to miss the real state of another person grows with with T of other person.

Comments?
    I'd agree with that. Happens to me all the time. For me, its when I put myself in the other person's shoes, and then act towards them how I feel I would like to be acted towards. Not sure about the F's situation. Not all F's might like how the other F will act.

violaine

It looks like that the Fs in many situations are thinking /feeling that the other person is in the same state as they are.

The possibility of an F to miss the real state of another person grows with with T of other person.

Comments?
    ^No.

MBTI
    INTJ

Comments?
    Besides everyone doing this to some extent, I think it just appears more apparent in some F types because they more easily adapt-to-match the emotional state of the people around them.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Ok.

But the main questions are: Why people do that and why they do it often?

(that is my experiance)

Is it maybe because they would feel more secure if they know how the other person is feeling?
    I have a compulsive need to know what everyone's feeling around me. I definitely don't assume that it's the same thing I'm feeling though. I devote tons of mental energy to watching facial expressions, picking up tone, etc. so I can problem solve for the best interpretation I can come up with for their feeling state.

This is a skill that I probably developed because my mother is kinda crazy, and I always had to predict her mood swings. Figuring out other people's states either reassures me that I'm safe or lets me know the danger of the situation so that I can change it.

It's not that Fs are necessarily better at this than Ts, it's just that some Fs tend to focus a much greater percentage of their energy on "feeling" out the situation. Like me.

I guess that it is time to get more practical/direct post.

For examplme if F had a lousy day it is more likely that they will say "Let me guess your day is also a crap". While they could ask "How was your day?"

There is plenty of similar cases of this behavoiur.

When they are stressed and they are in group of people they presume that everybody are feeling like they do. Example: Waiting for exam results

Sometime they start conversations with masked "How you feel".

When there is a verbal conflict they presume that you are hurt after it. (as they are if you have it with them)

Or they are testing me to understand am I really empty as I look?

MBTI
    INTP

I guess that it is time to get more practical/direct post.

For examplme if F had a lousy day it is more likely that they will say "Let me guess your day is also a crap". While they could ask "How was your day?"

There is plenty of similar cases of this behavoiur.

When they are stressed and they are in group of people they presume that everybody are feeling like they do. Example: Waiting for exam results

Sometime they start conversations with masked "How you feel".

When there is a verbal conflict they presume that you are hurt after it. (as they are if you have it with them)

Or they are testing me to understand am I really empty as I look?
    Yeah, I know what you mean--I've had F friends that projected their emotional state on me. But then I had an INTJ teacher that used to do the same.

I had one (admittedly a bit unstable), highly emotional friend whom I finally just couldn't deal with anymore because she was always accusing me of being angry when I wasn't. I think she was a really unhealthy xSFJ. I'm pretty sure the unhealthiness had more to do with it than the F, though.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Comments?
    Yeah I do this all the time. Sometimes I feel something so strongly that I just KNOW the other person feels it too.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I don't usually have much of a problem with this myself, but I see that it does happen fairly often with others.

Fs are often times more interested with how they are feeling and finding ways of expressing it; Ts might be more interested on the rational reason why they are feeling the way they are.
    The difference in how they approach their emotional states can cause some misunderstandings, but, regardless, there can be misunderrstandings between any two individuals experiencing different emotions.
    It tends to happen more often with Fs because they are more likely to express and lean on this emotional state, where as two Ts arguing may not rely on that as much.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

The only person I know that does that is an ISTJ with severe narcissism (my grandmother). I've never heard of a healthy person randomly assuming someone else's day sucked just because theirs did... You learn that kind of stuff when you're like 3.