User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

between zero and a grand
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

0~20 $

unless i intend on actually buying something, in which case i already know exactly how much it'll cost, and bring very slightly more than that amount, just to be safe.

MASTER OF APATHY AND PURPLE SIGNATURES

MBTI
    ISTP

o_O I feel freaky having 100-500 bucks in my wallet now.

However, this may be partly because I do a lot of cash transactions on short notice. And by that, I mean get discounts in Chinatown. And buy that, I mean I buy dresses without paying tax. And by THAT, I mean...

Oh, forget it. I hate not having cash when it could of saved me money. For everything else, there's VISA.

MBTI
    INFP

I rarely need more than a hundred at a time and try to pay cash for larger expenses. I so rarely use my credit cards that sometimes I forget I have them. This is a good thing because with my impusivity I could get in trouble with plastic.

I have a debit card but have read warnings about using them.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

to explain, one of my jobs pays in cash, and I receive tips in cash as well

I'm not particularly fond of using a card either, from my experience getting your card stolen is worse than getting your cash stolen any day- especially since I'm not particularly observant about some things
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm all about the plastic, but I generally carry $20 to $30 for things like vending machines, the couple places that won't take plastic, etc. I never write checks anywhere.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    ENFP

I only write a check to pay my rent or if I have to send someone a check...I wish my landlord would catch up with the time and take credit or debit. :p

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Depends on the day of the week. Payay I carry a lot because I buy groceries and gas with cash, so $200-400. After that, most of the money is gone, so I only have a few bucks if any. I do hoard change, though, because it's heavy and I hate carrying it. Plus, if I'm mostly broke, but I want something cheap or the kids need a little lunch money, I just dig through the change. White trash emergency fund.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Hubby and I do the Financial Peace Dave Ramsey stuff-
    where you allocate money into various envelopes which have different purposes and corresponding individual budgets, examples" groceries, gas, misc, allowance etc. We do everything with cash- therefore I can have several hundred dollars on me- really though more so at the beginning of the month- and once the budgeted money is gone it's gone- we don't withdraw any more. So the last week of the month I typically have like 20 or 30 bucks left on me. Just depends on how I have budgeted that month and what we still need that last week. It has been working wonderfully for us. We stay on budget and save a lot by doing it that way.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    ISXJ

I generally carry about $40 on me. I don't like to let it drop below $15 though.