`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

O-M-G!!!

I am 26, btw.

And I am speechless, speechless.

The only person I have ever blamed in my life was my father, other than that, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY!!!

And, um, did you guys not read my response to NPGs post?

I really think y'all skimmed over that one.

And, wow!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    O-M-G!!!
    I am 26, btw.
    The only person I have ever blamed in my life was my father, other than that, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY!!!
    And, wow!
    No, you're not being speechless, you're still talking.
    And not really listening.

Jesus Christ, I am just being me, and I have no one to impress.
    THIS IS HOW I DO!!!
    I don't try to be anyone or anything that I am not!
    My driving goal is to be as authentic as I can be.
    That's ironic.

I'm not sure what else to tell you, then.
    I hope things improve for you.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I almost never feel like I'm totally 'gotten' by anyone. But then I tend to think that it's because of some fault of my own, rather than anyone else (because it probably is). Even if I did think that it was the other person's problem to understand me better, there is no way that I could accomplish that short of getting to know them better. After all, you can't very well lock foreheads and transfer information upon touch, or make someone understand you through imperious means.
    I don't think it is a 'fault.' I think it takes time, practice, and patience to learn how to deal with people. A lot of you guys on here are a lot younger than I am, I think??? It takes a long time to learn the art of communication, and I said "art" because it is an art.

Once you start learning how people tick, once you start learning how to express yourself, things become a hell of a lot easier, trust me!!!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

What's the point in asking for advice, opinions and comments if you're just going to attack the advice and the advice-giver?

What's the point in giving advice if it not only goes into a vaccum, but also provokes a negative response?

In other words, what is the point of this thread?

MBTI
    xNFP

O-M-G!!!

I am 26, btw.

And, wow!
    Chick, calm your butt down!!!!! We are just trying to help you.

Ay, you know what you should do? Get on your boxing gloves and lets have some rounds at the gym. Then you can get out your anger and frustration, after which we can sit down to a nice cup of coffee or a protein drink and then discuss things for REAL, without any attacks taken or meant. K?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    We don't interact because after two months of me getting frustrated watching you interact with others, I've had you on "ignore" since then.
    Dude, I've never felt you, so I have just steered clear of your posts.

And, duh, the feeling is obviously mutual.

The difference between you and I being, that I would never go out of my way to engage you, let alone psychoanalyze you.

Hmm, wow, yet again.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    xNFP

The difference between you and I being, that I would never go out of my way to engage you, let alone psychoanalyze you.

Hmm, wow, yet again.
    *hands you a pair of boxing gloves* C'mon, chicky gal, let's go. It'll do you a world of good.

When I'm pissed off at the world, I def. go to the gym for about three hours. 90 minutes cardio, 15 lifting, 15 calisthenics, 1 hour sauna. After that, you're too tired to be pissed off at anyone. Then you drink a shitload of water, go to bed, and you wake up a new person. Trust me. Then we can have a heart-to-heart, k?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Hmm, wow, yet again.
    Yeah, I caught that. Thanks. I also assume you didn't actually read my post.

I'll shorten it to something that you might actually read:
    Have you asked yourself why, as an ENFP, you don't make people feel safe, welcome and comfortable? Why you do the opposite? Because that's a serious personal problem if you're so sure you're an ENFP.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Yeah, I caught that. Thanks. I also assume you didn't actually read my post.

I'll shorten it to something that you might actually read:
    Have you asked yourself why, as an ENFP, you don't make people feel safe, welcome and comfortable? Why you do the opposite? Because that's a serious personal problem if you're so sure you're an ENFP.
    *whispers* Defense mechanism.....

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Yeah, I just want to make a point. Using this as an example that you have to hide your abilities I don't think counts as being considered "average". If you have a talent there's no sense in being ashamed of the talent.
    I agree with that; you need to let your light shine.

I know I was mostly talking about the need to have other people know my talents so that I could feel validated by their use. (This sometimes leads to exploiting situations -- even not mean-spiritedly, but still exploitation -- so that one can apply their gifts and get attention for their behavior.) And when I wasn't in a position in the group to fill any of those roles, I'd feel useless and worthless and unnoticed. Because I was "average" and had nothing "special" about me.

Once you let go of the need to be special (i.e., gifts being used to stroke the Ego), you can actually use your talents productively (i.e., gifts used as an experience in themselves and/or to meet the needs of others).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft