First 4567816 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    And the point was....?

I guess I'm too stupid to figure it out. I assume there must be some intrinsic value in copying and pasting what was already said, but I'll be damned if I see it....
    Too show, chronologically, the nature of your posts and as well as mine.

And your, "I guess I'm too stupid to figure it out." kinda encapsulates the vibes you've been sending me throughout this thread.

Seriously, I really doubt you are understanding the intent of this thread and my posts.

There is a major lack of communication here.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Good that I did not mention the *first* thing that came to my mind when I read it.

Alienation has nothing to do with intelligence or lack thereof. Plenty of smart people are alienated; plenty of smart people are not. Plenty of average people are, plenty aren't. Plenty of dumb people are, plenty aren't.

Think about this for a minute, please, before you take my statements as a personal attack against you.

And if you really want to hear what I was initially thinking, I suggest you put on a very, very objective hat for a couple of seconds.
    I disagree. Alienation can be linked with intelligence. Obviously, not causation always, but it can be correlated. It is one more difference that can (and has seemingly in CC's experience) give(n) people reason to be unfriendly.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    Yeah, you are probably expecting too much from each person. I do that too.

I have different plots of people here and there and it is awesome being "gifted" (haha) enough to have the ability to relate to many different types. At the same time, I don't really fit in with any group and I know that. Floating around the different groups can be great, but it is also frustrating when I feel like none of those relationships are fulfilling enough on their own (intellectually, emotionally or whatever). Additionally, it feels unfair because from my perspective, I can connect fully with them, but they can only connect with one part of me.
    I could've written this post.

Yup.

I feel you.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Too show, chronologically, the nature of your posts and as well as mine.

And your, "I guess I'm too stupid to figure it out." kinda encapsulates the vibes you've been sending me.

I really doubt you are understanding the intent of this thread and my posts.
    I gave you my feedback, which was met with apathy at best and egotistical, emotional arrogance at worst. When you are ready to have a mature conversation with me, please inform me. Meanwhile, I will put on my objective hat and tell you as I see it. Fair enough?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    I disagree. Alienation can be linked with intelligence. Obviously, not causation always, but it can be correlated. It is one more difference that can (and has seemingly in CC's experience) give(n) people reason to be unfriendly.
    Sure it can. But my point is that it does not have to be. It depends on how you establish your life and how you allow yourself to react to others. You can see life with a fundamentally positive or negative mindset. If you allow the pettiness of others get you down, of course you will get depressed. However, I believe that everything in this world happens for a reason, including the people you meet. Everything has intrinsic value. So instead of asking yourself, "Why is this person such a dumbass?" Ask yourself: "Why is this person in my life at this time and what can I learn from this person?" And if you say "I cannot learn anything" just because these people have lesser intelligence than you have, perhaps you are missing something key.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Enneagram
    1w2

If you realize you're an outlier and you're the one who stands apart from everyone else (yet you want to be with others) isn't it your responsibility to bridge the gap? Or you accept that you're fundamentally different from others and find positive coping mechanisms. Prplchicknz said something that no one even paid attention to which is what's so bad about being average?

I'm not really understanding the point of this thread. You've created quite the image of yourself of a supremely confident person (which I've had my doubts about). Do you want others to commiserate with you? Do you want advice? Are just ranting? Are you attention whoring? What's your point?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Can a confident person not feel lonely, alienated, sad and frustrated?

Are these feelings/emotions strictly reserved for the insecure?
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP

Embrace yourself, CC!

Daughter, a very smart ENFP dealt with this for quite a while.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Can a confident person not feel lonely, alienated, sad and frustrated?
    I didn't think confident people routinely felt, lonely, sad, alienated, and frustrated which is what you're implying in this thread. Even cowgirls get the blues, but you're acting like this is something that's always with you.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    average is good, it is safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    If you realize you're an outlier and you're the one who stands apart from everyone else (yet you want to be with others) isn't it your responsibility to bridge the gap? Or you accept that you're fundamentally different from others and find positive coping mechanisms. Prplchicknz said something that no one even paid attention to which is what's so bad about being average?

I'm not really understanding the point of this thread. You've created quite the image of yourself of a supremely confident person (which I've had my doubts about). Do you want others to commiserate with you? Do you want advice? Are just ranting? Are you attention whoring? What's your point?
    These points are very good, now that I think about it. I think a great fear of many people is: Oh God, what if I am just average???? I need to be the best, the most intelligent, the most knowledgeable, the most successful. No you don't have to be. And you don't have to prove that you are. You are fine as you are. And once you stop giving off vibes that you are trying to prove something - that you love yourself as you are - no matter how intelligent you are or not - I think you will find the love you are searching for.

Chick, you mentioned something. Twice. And I have read it. Twice. You said your father always called you average. As an insult, I interpret from that. Since you said he was of extraordinary intelligence, he could not understand you. Maybe he made the same mistake with you that you make with others. Instead of seeing your intrinsic value, regardless of whether your IQ was 20 points lower than his or not, he judged you. It made you feel awful. And instead of imparting that feeling on others until you deal with your demons, have the courage to look at that, see his mistake, and love yourself.

Once you learn to love yourself, you will attract people who love you.