4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You know my motto.

Always keep the receipt.
    Lol, thanks Darryl Zero.

Phenomenal movie, btw
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    We can try to build an UFO with a huge umbrella and some fire distinguishers. Then we fly over the MBTIc and flash green, red and blue lights.

Gonna see, who feels alienated then
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    that actually sounds fun. I would do that.
    I'm in. When can we get started?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

DUDE, I AM AN ENFP, REMEMBER???

WHAT KIND OF ASSHOLE MONSTER DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?!!?!?

THAT IS *NOT* HOW I DO!!!

I am not angry, just frustrated, that's all.

Once again, I am an ENFP!!!

I started this thread out of desperation.

I am available, and nonjudgmental, I am open to people and not closed.

Yet I am still unable to find the love and camaraderie that I seek.

Hence my sadness and frustration!!!
    "But if you give off a vibe that we are all miserable peons, we will of course cast you aside. People want folks that lift them up, not tear them down."

I apologize, but I found this comment to be both accusatory and unsubstantiated.

WTF!??!?!

I am not putting down anyone nor am I glorifying myself, rather I am expressing frustration with my current situation.

This isn't a, "woo-hoo I am smert and you are dum" thread!

Gah!!!

*frustrated*
    Good that I did not mention the *first* thing that came to my mind when I read it.

Alienation has nothing to do with intelligence or lack thereof. Plenty of smart people are alienated; plenty of smart people are not. Plenty of average people are, plenty aren't. Plenty of dumb people are, plenty aren't.

Think about this for a minute, please, before you take my statements as a personal attack against you.

And if you really want to hear what I was initially thinking, I suggest you put on a very, very objective hat for a couple of seconds.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    yupp

just so you know, LL is an ENFP as well
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    xNFP

just so you know, LL is an ENFP as well
    Fiery ENFP + VERY fiery ENFP = WWIII

(Dude, that rhymes, so it must be true). Muhahahahah! How's that for logic????

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Perhaps my expectations of others is too high.
    Yeah, you are probably expecting too much from each person. I do that too.

I have different plots of people here and there and it is awesome being "gifted" (haha) enough to have the ability to relate to many different types. At the same time, I don't really fit in with any group and I know that. Floating around the different groups can be great, but it is also frustrating when I feel like none of those relationships are fulfilling enough on their own (intellectually, emotionally or whatever). Additionally, it feels unfair because from my perspective, I can connect fully with them, but they can only connect with one part of me.

Is it more that you are feeling alienated (because you do not connect) or that you actually are being alienated?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Fiery ENFP + VERY fiery ENFP = WWIII

(Dude, that rhymes, so it must be true). Muhahahahah! How's that for logic????
    yes every phrase that rhymes has to make sense together, because it rhymes.

I don't think what I said made sense
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    xNFP

yes every phrase that rhymes has to make sense together, because it rhymes.

I don't think what I said made sense
    It made sense enough to make me laugh and smile, so it made sense!

I still say we should have Entropie make a spaceship and we should all fly away together (if I can bring my husband along, that is).

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Good that I did not mention the *first* thing that came to my mind when I read it.

Alienation has nothing to do with intelligence or lack thereof. Plenty of smart people are alienated; plenty of smart people are not. Plenty of average people are, plenty aren't. Plenty of dumb people are, plenty aren't.

Think about this for a minute, please, before you take my statements as a personal attack against you.

And if you really want to hear what I was initially thinking, I suggest you put on a very, very objective hat for a couple of seconds.
    A recap:

I could be talking out my ass here, but I think it is important to give people who are 'not so intelligent' a chance.

Speaking for myself, I found it very difficult to fit in (especially in high school and college) because I did not relate to anyone either. However, it was because I really was 'different'. Jocks, cheerleaders, and party freaks did not accept me because I was not cool enough. Nerds and geeks did not accept me because I was not smart enough. The cool group did not accept me because I did not dress, act, and put on makeup like they did. The loser group did not even accept me because I was too 'goody-two-shoes' (whatever the hell that means). I was a loner. Did not want to be. Was. So I made the best out of it.

And from all these farts, I can confidently say that I probably got the furthest of all of them. Well, okay, that's not fair. Maybe they achieved what they wanted.

What I want to say is that I do not think it is really fair that you smart guys never give us, well, let's say, above-average or average folks a chance. Shit fire, we may not be the cream of the crop, and we might have to work hard for our stuff, but we like your company just like really smart people. I don't understand why 'really gifted people' think we 'average' people have nothing to offer. Perhaps we have other things to offer that you don't have because you are so brilliant. Perhaps you should take some time to help us understand rather than looking down on us because our IQs are 30 points lower. *sigh* Just a thought....
    Oh man!!!

Ugh, I hate using the term gifted, shit, replace it with significantly cognitively different than the norm.

I am the furthest thing from being an intellectual elitist, bleh.

I am just venting my frustrations with what this giftedness entails in a real-world application.

Only within the past two or three years have I felt justified and confident enough to come out of the closet about my giftedness.

Gah, honestly, sometimes I wish I were a hell of a lot less smart, life would be easier, then, it would seem.

Bleh.
    A.) I happen to be "globally" gifted, or exhibit, "multipotentiality", translation: I am a master jack-of-all-trades.

B.) I WANT TO CONNECT WITH PEOPLE!!! I SEEK THIS OUT DAMN NEAR ON A DAILY BASIS!!!

C.) Wisdom, compassion, integrity, insight, originality, humor, ingenuity, and the ability to actively engage in critical thinking, now these are things that I hope to find and see in my peers, or people, in general!!!

D.) I said this before, and I'll say it again, I am no intellectual snob/elitist.

I apologize for being presumptuous, my bad.

Your response to the quote above:
    :rolli: Oh brother....!

EXACTLY!!!! This is what I meant. You cannot expect anyone to see the world exactly like you do because you are a unique individual. If you truly are universally gifted, that quality makes you even less like everyone else. You can always look at things in two ways. Either you can feel bad for yourself because no one see things like you do, or you can be happy. Take a look at how the average Joe looks at things. Maybe he can offer you a different perspective. But if you give off a vibe that we are all miserable peons, we will of course cast you aside. People want folks that lift them up, not tear them down.

Be happy in the fact that you are gifted, not angry. Be available to people, not judgmental. Be open to people, not closed.
    Then you shall surely find the love and camaraderie that you seek.
    WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

DUDE, I AM AN ENFP, REMEMBER???

WHAT KIND OF ASSHOLE MONSTER DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?!!?!?

THAT IS *NOT* HOW I DO!!!

I am not angry, just frustrated, that's all.

Once again, I am an ENFP!!!

I started this thread out of desperation.

I am available, and nonjudgmental, I am open to people and not closed.

Yet I am still unable to find the love and camaraderie that I seek.

Hence my sadness and frustration!!!
    "But if you give off a vibe that we are all miserable peons, we will of course cast you aside. People want folks that lift them up, not tear them down."

I apologize, but I found this comment to be both accusatory and unsubstantiated.

WTF!??!?!

I am not putting down anyone nor am I glorifying myself, rather I am expressing frustration with my current situation.

This isn't a, "woo-hoo I am smert and you are dum" thread!

Gah!!!

*frustrated*
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    xNFP

And the point was....?

I guess I'm too stupid to figure it out. I assume there must be some intrinsic value in copying and pasting what was already said, but I'll be damned if I see it....