User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I confess a certain schadenfreude to see the Captain put upon.
    Although I am new to the forum, I am now sensing that you may not be alone in that schadenfreude. This was an element of the thread I was not aware of, as I dove in. Still, I sense that it ended OK, and all's well that ends well.

And I do think that many of the posters did show their vulnerabilities as well as their defences.
    Really ? What did mine show ?
    And this brings me to my beef with the Captain. I found that neither I nor the Captain could share our mutual vulnerabilities.
    I can't speak for her, of course, but she may feel the loss of your potential companionship now, since those days, and yet be holding back....not showing it....

You are an acquired taste, V; at least you were for me. You are one of the most creative members on the site, from a verbal perspective. You actually make the effort to cast every post as a poem, IMHO, which shows a strong dedication. A strength and a "weakness". And yet you can easily be mistaken at first glance for a stubborn, naive "this is my sandbox and so these toys are mine !" kind of person, as your opinions often seem to brook no "open minded" disagreement. They come down as "pronouncements from on high" sometimes, when not seen as poems.

* Kuranes is jealous that he couldn't have said this in the form of a poem to perhaps soften its edges, or at least give them a rococo curlicue *
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Everyone feels like an outcast or oddball at some point... even SJs.

The best we can do is accept that we might as well just enjoy our bits of interactions, find a few people we can really relate to and accept that NOBODY is just like you, but you have more in common than you may origionally think.

taking up drinking and smoking doesn't hurt either- then you can blame that for your not fitting in status
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

unless everyone around you drinks and smokes, then do neither.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I have felt the same way, CC.

This world is full of very dull people, and it is agitating.

Say what you want about me in regard to that statement; I'm visiting this thread for CC.

I've solved the problem by immersing myself in my own solitary interests.. reading, writing, exercise, music...

Growing up, you are taught that you need other people to survive, and you do, because you attend schools with many people, and forming a pack is the only way to preserve your sanity.

Once you're out of that and into college, where you can come and go as you please, people become unnecessary.

And the good ones always come along when you're not looking.

So put down your pince-nez and enjoy some time spent with someone that understands you more thoroughly than anyone else ever can: your wonderful self.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

That's quite nice but you dont want to wish an Ne to spend time with himself. That is going to become very ugly
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Default Trance

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    ....you can easily be mistaken at first glance for a stubborn, naive "this is my sandbox and so these toys are mine !" kind of person, as your opinions often seem to brook no "open minded" disagreement. They come down as "pronouncements from on high"....
    Yes, I can see you don't like it when I speak with complete confidence, when I speak ex cathedra or when I make pronouncements on high.

I know this is bold but I would like you to enjoy it when I speak like this because it is enjoyable for me.

So I will try and explain it.

When I am speaking ex cathedra, I am in a trance. My critical faculties are temporarily asleep.

I find this completely enjoyable and I not only believe everything I say but I think every word is brilliant.

Of course when I return to my cognitive faculties, that is, when I am fully awake, I can see that not everything I write is brilliant but nonetheless, I enjoy reading it.

In my ideal world I would like to speak to you in a trance and I would like you to reply to me in a trance as well. This is not as hard as it may seem. It just takes practice.

Perhaps the only contra-indication is that trance is not helpful for those suffering a psychosis.

So all you need is to be able to distinguish between imagination and reality, then trance is safe, helpful and enjoyable.

I always remember that play is the work of children so that they can learn the distinction between imagination and reality.

And that is all you need for trance.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

LOL. I thought you were just plain jane insane for a few days, Victor. I eventually saw the light, however.

Default Regressing in the Service of the Ego

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    LOL. I thought you were just plain jane insane for a few days, Victor. I eventually saw the light, however.
    Well Jack, in a way you are right. When I turn off my cognitive faculties, I turn off my good judgement, I turn off my ability to analyse and I turn off my sense of humour.

And of course those who are plain jane insane also have no good judgement, they are unable to analyse their feelings or actions and quite often they don't see the funny side of things.

So how can you tell the difference between me in a trance and me plain jane insane? Well, there is no difference except that I can come back to my cognitive faculties by an act of will, while me plain jane insane is trapped in my insanity.

Another way of saying this is that I regress in the service of my ego.

And the proof, thank God, that I am not insane is that I am refreshed and relaxed when I return from a trance.

To be entranced and entrancing at will is delightful.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

The proof on my end is that insane people don't make me destroy things in my presence with the brute force of their personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    The proof on my end is that insane people don't make me destroy things in my presence with the brute force of their personality.
    This is mildly alarming Jack. May I ask what things are you made to destroy? And is this a good thing or a bad thing?