User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I'm an S so...yes.

Edit: JK, what do you want to know?
    What makes you think that I am interesting?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

How abstract is too abstract? One word: Heidegger
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

How abstract is too abstract?

I'm interested enough in abstract concepts e.g. wave theory, Bragg's Law, reciprocal space etc (you said earlier that you were doing some x-ray crystallography) but that's only insofar as it gives me insight into something practical. e.g. a protein structure. I couldn't care less about any of that if I wasn't going to use it for something. That explains the tapering of my interest in philosophy over the years. It's something that I could be interested in (I find that I could potentially be interested in millions of things) but it serves no purpose in my life.

When I talk to SJs, I find that I relate to their reality to a greater extent than NPs. I usually can find a way to relate my view of the situation to their experiential reality - and their experiences broaden my theories and give it more focus. It's a 2-way thing. I do talk about highly theoretical things at work, but similarly, it has to be grounded in "where does it get you?" and "what are the practical limitations?"

I believe that something is "too abstract" when it exists in and of itself, with no relation to how people make decisions about their lives... or no potential benefit. An example that I can think of is String Theory. I have zero interest in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    THERE WE GO! The 'A' makes all the difference.

You say reality is the system. And you don't like the system.
    And I say reality = life. And life is pretty sucky.

SO WE AGREE!

This is not what I had in mind.

For me reality is universe and any higher and hypothetical level above it.
    The point is that there is nothing above reality so if you say "A" you are talking about something that is part of reality. Even if it is something that does not exist it still part of reality since your mind is part of reality.
    But the catch is that reality actually has no parts at all because reality is based on interaction what means that there is no parts that can exist as single. What should mean that reality is a singe thing and since it is only thing that exist, everything is THE system.

The problem is that the language is not adapted for this kinds of things and this was written just to give an insight into my mind.

My mistake was that I have said something that is not obvious at all.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    This is not what I had in mind.

For me reality is universe and any higher and hypothetical level above it.
    The point is that there is nothing above reality so if you say "A" you are talking about something that is part of reality. Even if it is something that does not exist it still part of reality since your mind is part of reality.
    But the catch is that reality actually has no parts at all because reality is based on interaction what means that there is no parts that can exist as single. What should mean that reality is a singe thing and since it is only thing that exist, everything is THE system.

The problem is that the language is not adapted for this kinds of things and this was written just to give an insight into my mind.

My mistake was that I have said something that is not obvious at all.
    Okay, I can't keep up...
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

Okay, I can't keep up...
    I can't say that I am suprised.(I don't mean this as an insult)

The main reason why I have opened this thread is exactly because I have huge problems in begin understood and I think that verbal training will not solve anything since things that are my interests are very abstract.
    So once you put something into words that is no longer what it suppose to be and almost everybody are still clueless about what are you talking about.

It happened to me many times that it is easier for me to understand something that is written in a form of math then in a form of normal language.

But to be honest I would not change my type for anything.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I can't say that I am suprised.(I don't mean this as an insult)

The main reason why I have opened this thread is exactly because I have huge problems in begin understood and I think that verbal training will not solve anything since things that are my interests are very abstract.
    So once you put something into words that is no longer what it suppose to be and almost everybody are still clueless about what are you talking about.

It happened to me many times that it is easier for me to understand something that is written in a form of math then in a form of normal language.

But to be honest I would not change my type for anything.
    No, I think SOME English classes would definitely help, a little at least.
    For the rest, I don't know. You'll have to start some new math language or something.
    Bye-bye Klingon.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    ISTP

Communication is the most critical part of any concept. Your mind is your playground for now, but as time goes on and you want to build it to more than that, you'll need to start to translate your ideas into firm concepts.

The general approach is to start writing. Use as many words as you need, but link each sentance together in baby steps. If it takes thousands of words, use thousands. Don't short cut.

Then begin to slice and dice, then rewrite. It'll get smaller and you'll learn how to communicate big ideas in small concepts.

I think that doing that would be effective because your language is sloppy. For example;

Can be written:

The reason I started this thread is because I have problems being understood. I'm not sure if verbal training will will help me since the topics I cover tend to be abstract. Once I put them into words, the abstract meaning I had in my mind isn't properly described and I can't convey to others what I am thinking.

The first contains many mistakes that make it impossible to grab nuance from your words. That's a clear communication issue, not a compexity issue.

No, I think SOME English classes would definitely help, a little at least.
    For the rest, I don't know. You'll have to start some new math language or something.
    Bye-bye Klingon.
    I don't mean verbal training in that way but I get your point.

Actually I think that I am closer to Q or Borg.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I don't mean verbal training in that way but I get your point.

Actually I think that I am closer to Q or Borg.
    Q? Q is a superb conversationalist: he's a hyperintelligent superbeing with an IQ of 2005.

A Borg drone is without essential agency - there's absolutely no freedom of intellectual movement available to any, save the Queen.

The Borg represent collectivism; hive-mindedness. Q is profoundly individualistic.