User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    The purpose of this thread is to provide the place for me to find out what people feel/think about abstract things.

It looks to me that I have huge problems when I am talking to sensors.
    I am very abstract person but because of that people have trouble in understanding me. (even the Ns)

So I am interested at what level things get to abstract for sensor. I know that there are many kinds of sensors but for now I will just treat them as one group.

Is it when I say

1.That entire system is unstab

2.That this not going to work because step 17 is undefined so that could slow the process in step 21 what will create deficit of x that will grow until step 26 where will be system breakdown and all other steps will give incomplete data/result.

3.That their grand,grand,grand,grand..............parents that lived 400 millions of years ago were fish that lived in oceans that no longer exist because continents are on the move.

4.That everything you see and hear are just illusions created by your brain and that reality is quite different from what you sense.

This is probably enough to get us started.
    My first response here was, What in the heck....? But that might just have been the English. Cimarron's post helped.

Sooo, let's try...I guarantee nothing.

1. The system? What system? You mean LIFE?
    2. What's not going to work? Life?
    3. I don't believe in evolution.
    4. I believe it's all an illusion in the sense that it will all come to an end, but I believe everything right now is real.

I warned you...
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    I hear this a lot around here. Is this really all S's like to talk about? The mundane things in life?

I don't want to derail this thread, though. We can keep it tied to the OP subject, I think.
    naa, they were just the examples. we can talk about interesting politics too or even have a heart to heart about relationship problems. they can still be S topics, and they can still be interesting. i will stay way from topics such as ethical theory or philosophy of mind though. unless they happen to have a particular interest in that field, i'll just stick with the more concrete stuff. i'll inevitably throw in a more abstract twist from time to time, it's jsut how i think, but yeah, there you go.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    I hear this a lot around here. Is this really all S's like to talk about? The mundane things in life?
    I share your confusion.

The misbelief that an S will become bored/withdrawn at the mention of a complex ("abstract") topic likely has more to do with the speaker's unwillingness/inability to adequately explain the topic at hand.

Spouting bullet points doesn't suggest comprehension. Relating the message in a meaningful manner to one's audience does.

Comprehension is a two-way street.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Maybe it's not that we don't get it, maybe it's that we don't care.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I share your confusion.

The misbelief that an S will become bored/withdrawn at the mention of a complex ("abstract") topic likely has more to do with the speaker's unwillingness/inability to adequately explain the topic at hand.
    I have opened this thread exactly because of this and to determine how things are really going in this area.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Of course that I will give you the explanation for my thinking. Probably even too long explanation.

Why hurt feeling? (very curious)

Because we had a system in place and you just knocked it down. The system (as far as I can self-analyze) is set up as preparation. When you show that all our preparation has been wasted, it results in hurt feelings.

You are joking,right?
    I know that my reply will be brutal.

If my knowledge is correct our entire civilization is build upon this.

The most obvious part is that this way of thinking allows you to understand the concept of nuclear energy what is far from something unsignifican from civil or military perspective.

For another example right now: I am studing how to use x-ray on cristals to determine chemical composition. What in the end could mean that the price of that cristal is not 2$ but
    20 000$ (and I have bought is for 10$). What is hardly from unsignifican once again.

I could get many more example but I think that this is enought to prove my point.

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure how it is connected/related to my original response. Considering that it is all related to your Situation 4, I think you may have had something broader in mind but didn't explain exactly what it is... For whatever it's worth, I'm studying the same chemistry topic in a current class, though you are probably more adept at it than I am.

If the point of your reply was to say that "new ideas can be applied to bring new progress", I think that's pretty self-evident, and I don't see what the big deal is. If that's the only issue here, the other parts of my reply may help you fill in the gaps.
    I didn't mind your reply at all, don't feel the need to hold back. Remember, we are seeking to understand here.

Edit: This is funny, considering I posted this before I saw all the talk about miscommunication...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Maybe it's not that we don't get it, maybe it's that we don't care.
    Maybe if you cared, you would get it more often?

I've seen you post on quite abstract and complex subjects here though, Bella.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I share your confusion.

Spouting bullet points doesn't suggest comprehension. Relating the message in a meaningful manner to one's audience does.

Comprehension is a two-way street.
    i'm not sure i agree with this. pardon me for just speaking out of personal experience but i've talked to N's about abstract theories and they tend to be more excited about the subject. surely my level of expressiveness would be the same for both types.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    i'm not sure i agree with this. pardon me for just speaking out of personal experience but i've talked to N's about abstract theories and they tend to be more excited about the subject. surely my level of expressiveness would be the same for both types.
    Possible. I'm not really sure. :/
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Me too.

I've done the same with Sensors. Bridging gaps in communication/thinking styles is a hallmark of successful intellectual exchange.