User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 193

  1. #161
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    when it comes to N vs S, i guess my biggest 'fear' is when people tell me that a theory is 'just a theory'. or when i'm say trying to find what types are most open to drugs, i hate it when people say "individuals do drugs, not types". argh, ffs, i know different people from different types can do all these things, but i'm trying to work at a theory here. i want to know some sort of general pattern that i find interesting.

    if you want a practical use, that can come after i've found that theory/pattern. don't cut me short when we're still at the discussing/brainstorming stage. i often feel that people who stop me theorizing are too short sighted.
    S's may respond by saying that you ought to "keep things in perspective".

    Edit: Here's another interesting discussion. In another thread, someone asked whether Finland should build closer relations with Russia or with the U.S., "because Finland is the only non-NATO country bordering Russia". Both you and I immediately realized that this question contained a fallacy. There are other countries (even in Europe alone) that border Russia but are not in NATO. Belarus was the first to spring to my mind, followed quickly by the Ukraine, and Georgia and Azerbaijan if they are to be considered "European".

    But just before I noticed this error, I thought of the topic at hand: the person wanted to discuss the relationship between Finland, Russia, and the U.S., which has plenty of content to think about. From what you posted in that thread, you seemed to have not grasped this part of the conversation....or is that not the case?

    So I see strong similarities there, with a small but maybe important difference.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 10-12-2008 at 09:18 AM. Reason: situation
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  2. #162
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    One question for S people; What do you mean when you say abstract?


    What would you classify as abstract?

  3. #163
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post

    Edit: Here's another interesting discussion. In another thread, someone asked whether Finland should build closer relations with Russia or with the U.S., "because Finland is the only non-NATO country bordering Russia". Both you and I immediately realized that this question contained a fallacy. There are other countries (even in Europe alone) that border Russia but are not in NATO. Belarus was the first to spring to my mind, followed quickly by the Ukraine, and Georgia and Azerbaijan if they are to be considered "European".

    But just before I noticed this error, I thought of the topic at hand: the person wanted to discuss the relationship between Finland, Russia, and the U.S., which has plenty of content to think about. From what you posted in that thread, you seemed to have not grasped this part of the conversation....or is that not the case?

    So I see strong similarities there, with a small but maybe important difference.
    I will presume that this is directed at me.

    I understand what is the main topic in that thread. The main part is the relation triangle which edges are Finland-Russia , Finland-USA but also USA-Russia. But this is very simplified.(I can explain this if needed)


    The only thing that I wanted to do there is to show that there are some mistakes in the first post which could turn the entire thread into something pointless. Since thread would not represent state on the field.
    Since I don't know how much people are into things like this I have desided to act.

    There is one more catch while we are at this.
    The catch is that INTJ will retreat in the background and observe the conversation from the distance. When conversation/debate is coming to an end, INTJ will return in the "game" and try to swing entire thing to his/her position.

    To tell you the truth people hate when I do that.


    I am often accused that I don't understand the topic at all. Also people accuse me that I am confused, while I am just waiting for something.

  4. #164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    One question for S people; What do you mean when you say abstract?


    What would you classify as abstract?
    Concepts. A mental construct.

    Abstract is two qustions are one because they are the same topic.

  5. #165
    soft and silky sarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    isfp
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    One question for S people; What do you mean when you say abstract?


    What would you classify as abstract?

    Abstract simply means noticing patterns or making inferences from specifics. Nothing wrong with that. What I find annoying about some people is their tendency to make sweeping generalizations that don't take into account the specifics, or they purposely ignore any specifics that don't prove their points just because making a point --and being praised for their ingenuity-- is hugely important to them.

    I get along swimmingly with intuitives. I even married one. My mother's one. A couple of close friends of mine are intuitives. So it's just those who really don't care about what's actually going on under their noses that annoy me. People whose self-serving beliefs are more "true" to them than factual reality don't get a whole lot of my respect, especially when they're quick to label anyone who questions their theories as "nitpicky" or "small-minded" or something worse.

    Sarah
    ISFP

  6. #166
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    How sensors see time?

    In what time limits do you function?
    By this I mean
    How far ahead are you thinking?
    How big time period has to be that you are not interested in it?
    How big time period has to be that you can't imagine it?


    I know that I generalize much but I will not be bothered by individual answers.

  7. #167
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Since it is sure that no one will answer the question in the post above, because people don't know what to say or everybody forgot about it I will continue the thread.


    It is normal to accuse somebody if you know that he/she did somezhing.
    It is normal to accuse somebody if you know that they are doing something.

    But what would you say on the idea of accusing someone for something that he/she is going to do?

    By accusing in the third example I actutally mean "hold responsible".
    Form social prespective it is smart not to let other people to know what you think because people find it strange.


    For example when I do an analysis and outcomes show that something is likely and it is likely because of someone, I will in my head think about this person like it already did it.


    I know that intuition can be wrong but if detail analysis of some situation shows that there are good chances that you will be correct, it will have large impact on what I will do.

    How this idea sounds to a sensor ?

  8. #168
    Senior Member Bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    How sensors see time?

    In what time limits do you function?
    By this I mean
    How far ahead are you thinking?
    How big time period has to be that you are not interested in it?
    How big time period has to be that you can't imagine it?


    I know that I generalize much but I will not be bothered by individual answers.
    I am often aware of the entire thing. The beginning of time, where we are now, and the end of it all. Almost like I'm standing outside it, watching and waiting.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

    It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

  9. #169
    Senior Member Bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Since it is sure that no one will answer the question in the post above, because people don't know what to say or everybody forgot about it I will continue the thread.


    It is normal to accuse somebody if you know that he/she did somezhing.
    It is normal to accuse somebody if you know that they are doing something.

    But what would you say on the idea of accusing someone for something that he/she is going to do?

    By accusing in the third example I actutally mean "hold responsible".
    Form social prespective it is smart not to let other people to know what you think because people find it strange.


    For example when I do an analysis and outcomes show that something is likely and it is likely because of someone, I will in my head think about this person like it already did it.


    I know that intuition can be wrong but if detail analysis of some situation shows that there are good chances that you will be correct, it will have large impact on what I will do.

    How this idea sounds to a sensor ?
    Do you mean, for example, someone that comes from a violent home life has recently started killing bunnies and you know the next step will be killing a human? And you want to intervene before it happens?
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

    It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

  10. #170
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    I am often aware of the entire thing. The beginning of time, where we are now, and the end of it all. Almost like I'm standing outside it, watching and waiting.
    Would you be mad at me if I say that I don't believe you?

Similar Threads

  1. How soon is too soon to be eating "heart healthy"?
    By funkadelik in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 01:56 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 11:35 AM
  3. How old is too old for trick-or-treating?
    By ayoitsStepho in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 11:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO