User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Sorry. I was trying to apply my problem-solving strategies that I usually use on my own problems to help you sort through your problem.

You are just looking at the world in realistic terms (as I would say), assessing a problem completely objectively, and trying to find the best solution and the most efficient way of getting there, right? It makes sense.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Sorry. I was trying to apply my problem-solving strategies that I usually use on my own problems to help you sort through your problem.

You are just looking at the world in realistic terms (as I would say), assessing a problem completely objectively, and trying to find the best solution and the most efficient way of getting there, right? It makes sense.

Of course, the only thing that is on my mind when it comes to things like this is solving a problem. (and that is pretty much the only thing that is on my mind)

But I am not sure that I understand what you mean by realistic.
    Since for me abstract is also a part of realistic.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    But I am not sure that I understand what you mean by realistic.
    Since for me abstract is also a part of realistic.
    I'm not sure how I would define it, either. I'm just saying that I would describe it as striving for a "realistic" approach, in my view.

For me realistic is realistic. What means (concrete + abstract)

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    For me realistic is realistic. What means (concrete + abstract)
    i do think this is a bit of an N position to take. i agree with you, though through living in an S environment, i'm starting to believe that abstract isn't realistic. that's fine though, i don't need realism .

i think a typical S would say being realistic means just having the concrete stuff.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    i do think this is a bit of an N position to take. i agree with you, though through living in an S environment, i'm starting to believe that abstract isn't realistic. that's fine though, i don't need realism .

i think a typical S would say being realistic means just having the concrete stuff.
    My comment was just made on a whim. I picked the word that I felt fit best at the moment.

Now, usually I would agree with what you have said and what Antisocial one has implied about a Sensor's definition of "realistic". But notice how I used it in my post--I said that his approach was realistic. What leads me to think of it as realistic? That's something I'm not quite as sure about.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    My comment was just made on a whim. I picked the word that I felt fit best at the moment.

Now, usually I would agree with what you have said and what Antisocial one has implied about a Sensor's definition of "realistic". But notice how I used it in my post--I said that his approach was realistic. What leads me to think of it as realistic? That's something I'm not quite as sure about.
    sorry, i skip posts sometimes :P. maybe there's something about having both the abstract and the concrete that you find more fitting. maybe you think that it's missing out without the abstract.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Really, I don't think it's that complicated. It's probably just my admitted bias for T over F. To me, "realistic" means ST. Though my Feeling friends would call it "insensitive", not realistic. Anyway, you were mostly correct that N to me seems "illogical".

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    honestly, i'm not sure why the question was asked in the first place. bella's answer was a very typical S answer. it is also one that drives a more extreme N like myself nuts
    Come again?

Okay, so tell me what are the general fears of N's?
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Come again?

Okay, so tell me what are the general fears of N's?
    when it comes to N vs S, i guess my biggest 'fear' is when people tell me that a theory is 'just a theory'. or when i'm say trying to find what types are most open to drugs, i hate it when people say "individuals do drugs, not types". argh, ffs, i know different people from different types can do all these things, but i'm trying to work at a theory here. i want to know some sort of general pattern that i find interesting.

if you want a practical use, that can come after i've found that theory/pattern. don't cut me short when we're still at the discussing/brainstorming stage. i often feel that people who stop me theorizing are too short sighted.