User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 193

  1. #141
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I can proudly say that I have tried that today.

    I was standing in line. But something was wrong, very wrong.
    After 10 second I have figured what is wrong.


    This is a price you need to pay if you live detached from "reality".
    Oh, that was your point. Well, I think that that kind of thing has happened to all of us, though maybe more to N's than to S's (going along with your claim).
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  2. #142
    Senior Member animenagai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    That is the main reason why I have said that he doesn not have to answer the question.
    honestly, i'm not sure why the question was asked in the first place. bella's answer was a very typical S answer. it is also one that drives a more extreme N like myself nuts

  3. #143
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Not to make a potentially controversial and polarizing statement, but isn't that Idea of divergence in terms of needs at the root of education issues especially in the United States. When I talk about divergence I mean more how in terms of higher education the US is lacking and sort of shifting away from the more theory laden, abstract, math and sciences and is suffering in the technology arena as well as others I am sure. I'm by no means claiming that S's and N's can't both be drawn to those professions but I'm sure there is a preference and a slight correlation with "inherent" abilities and profession.

    I think some of your posts highlighted how the differences can emerge and how they are co-dependent in a sense and how in order to deal with some of the major current and future issues there is more of a preference for more N oriented jobs.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  4. #144
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    By all means, we are glad to have more people in this discussion. I think your point has some merit. I don't know how true it is that U.S. schools are moving away from N-oriented and toward S-oriented teaching, so I can't really judge. Do you mean higher-level education, or lower-level, or both?

    Are there more N potential-employees than N-oriented jobs for them? I wonder...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  5. #145
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    I wasn't necessarily totally Subscribing to his theory but I was trying to make a comparison to US schools who consistently and routinely get beat in the Maths and Science on comparative tests Globally(especially for being an international powerhouse) and also in the professions that rely heavily on those skills. How much that has to do with S or N is up for debate but I think that was what Antisocial ones main point was. The need for more abstract and Intuitive analysis which is comparable in my mind to the maths and sciences.

    On the teaching aspect yes I think most Intuitives agree that education in the US is more heavily weighted to S style teaching, except for the more elite exclusive higher level education colleges and universities.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  6. #146
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    honestly, i'm not sure why the question was asked in the first place. bella's answer was a very typical S answer. it is also one that drives a more extreme N like myself nuts
    Just to spark the conversation.


    I guess it diid it's job.

  7. #147
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I wasn't necessarily totally Subscribing to his theory but I was trying to make a comparison to US schools who consistently and routinely get beat in the Maths and Science on comparative tests Globally(especially for being an international powerhouse) and also in the professions that rely heavily on those skills. How much that has to do with S or N is up for debate but I think that was what Antisocial ones main point was. The need for more abstract and Intuitive analysis which is comparable in my mind to the maths and sciences.

    On the teaching aspect yes I think most Intuitives agree that education in the US is more heavily weighted to S style teaching, except for the more elite exclusive higher level education colleges and universities.
    That was one part of it.

    The other part was that the problems of modern society are becoming more and more abstract. What means that more and more people will not be able to see the problem and when you mix that with political propaganda the result can not be good.


    Also you can get this: that the other person is telling you that you are wrong because you have said somthing that is not compatibile with what his/her uncle said and he/she believes in his/her uncle because uncle is the smartest person he/she knows.

    This is natural but technological/scientific progress makes entire thing more extreme. What on the long run boosts herd mentality.


    So I think that the entire world must be pushed more toward the N ways.


    I don't hate S people I simply don't see the alternative if we want success.

  8. #148
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    You're making a really interesting claim, here, but do you think it could seem important to you than it "actually" is--whatever that means--because you are N? I'm trying to consider the counterpoint here.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  9. #149
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    I think the hangup is more whether or not you believe the skills necessary to remedy the current and future problems are inextricably tied to functions, notably S and N. Basically that whole correlation and causation thing, I would agree though theres a tendency to arrive at a biased conclusion based on your type.

    I think though it is actually an interesting claim though in and of itself if you sort of temporarily "discard " the S v N aspect of the argument.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  10. #150
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    You're making a really interesting claim, here, but do you think it could seem important to you than it "actually" is--whatever that means--because you are N? I'm trying to consider the counterpoint here.
    I have expected this.


    My argument isn't that S must be exteminated because that would again create a problem.

    I am saying that it looks like that it would be wise to make people more N.
    By this I mean that everybody need to be 20-25% more N. What is bigger change then it looks like, since that would change many balances of power.


    But I know that from political point of view I sound like a jerk that wants everybody to be more like him.

    I am looking at this as an adaption to current situation.

Similar Threads

  1. How soon is too soon to be eating "heart healthy"?
    By funkadelik in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 01:56 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 11:35 AM
  3. How old is too old for trick-or-treating?
    By ayoitsStepho in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 11:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO