User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    When you speak of a "system" are you talking about the universe or a work situation ? People at work will assume you are talking about work, and not the universe.
    They're the same in principle, and he probably meant for them to be considered as such, which is why I just went ahead and answered his question. The difference is, as I've been saying, in their usefulness or appropriateness to the situation (which you pointed out here).
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    They're the same in principle, and he probably meant for them to be considered as such, which is why I just went ahead and answered his question. The difference is, as I've been saying, in their usefulness or appropriateness to the situation (which you pointed out here).
    He doesn't mean anything specific. Posts 44 - 50 between me and him.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    He doesn't mean anything specific. Posts 44 - 50 between me and him.
    I meant that it doesn't really matter. He's talking about the nature of systems, not about a specific system. Which I guess is what you just said... :confused:

MBTI
    ISTJ

Yes. It took an English lesson for me to understand what he was saying.

What do you guys think of this question? I mean, how would you answer it? I'd like to open the question to everybody:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antisocial one
    One stupid question, how would you describe your sight?
    The fact that you are confused (that is how you sound) could mean something.

I will reform the question into more practical question.

Can you look at something or some things for 15(or more) minutes without realising that you are looking at them?
    (This question is for Ns also)

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Can you look at something or some things for 15(or more) minutes without realising that you are looking at them?
    (This question is for Ns also)
    So you're talking about physical sight, then? You're not talking about foresight, insight, or other variations of the more abstract meaning of "sight"? Language might be a barrier here.

For me,...I don't know. Again, it's hard to gauge. If you're talking about those situations where you're holding a pen, looking around and asking "Now where did I put that pen?", I have those moments every now and then and I suspect that everyone does. Perhaps some more than others, though.

I thought you had meant "sight" in a more nebulous, abstract sense. Since you seem to be discussing physical sight, this question has been covered in other threads already.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 10-09-2008 at 08:04 AM. Reason: better sentence structure

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I think a lot of people assume that others aren't capable of understanding abstraction, when really, they're just not providing enough context or detail to allow ANYONE to understand them. You have to say what you mean, not give a cryptic sentence or two and expect everyone else to connect the dots.

I agree with protean--much of the time, it's just that your interests don't mix. I don't think I'd have much interest in pursuing any of the topics in the OP.
    I think NOT having context is what makes it abstract. I am trying to come up with general ideas that applies to more than just one situation. It is more useful than the answer to a specific situation because I can use it for many things.

To give an example:

Should art be judged based only on what it looks like or does it matter how much time the artist put into into it and how much skill was needed?

The specific event that triggered the question:
    I do some drawing. It takes me awhile to make something and it has also taken lots of practice to reach the modest level of skill I have. Recently I discovered digital art kits that let me create something very nice in a short amount of time without having to practice much.

Why not just use the specific situation when I ask the question?
    I proposed this question, with the specific example, on a art group I was on. The specifics of my example triggered other ideas, which distracted from the original question. The whole digital v. nondigital issue was introduced. (Some artists have an anti-digital bias.) Also that the work had less merit because I used a kit, which showed "lack of creativity." Both these issues have merit for discussion, but I would prefer to handle each aspect of it seperately.

Ilah

MBTI
    ISTJ

Hey Antisocial One, I answered your questions, now I think you should answer some questions. Nice, cozy, S questions.

1. What is your favourite colour?
    2. What is your favourite food?
    3. Do you prefer to take a bath or a shower.
    4. If you had to go without one of your senses, which one would it be and why?
    5. Do you sleep on your tummy or your back?
    6. Which is your favourite season and why?

You may not turn this into some kind of philosophical or abstract thing. 'K?

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    So you're talking about physical sight, then? You're not talking about foresight, insight, or other variations of the more abstract meaning of "sight"? Language might be a barrier here.

For me,...I don't know. Again, it's hard to gauge. If you're talking about those situations where you're holding a pen, looking around and asking "Now where did I put that pen?", I have those moments every now and then and I suspect that everyone does. Perhaps some more than others, though.

I thought you had meant "sight" in a more nebulous, abstract sense. Since you seem to be discussing physical sight, this question has been covered in other threads already.
    I know that this has already been discussed in other threads but I wanted your personal opinion.

For example I can spent hours without being in touch with my senses so that I can focus on my thoughts.
    From practical perspective that looks like this: I am alone in the room for hours but I am not aware of what is going in the room because I am not focused on that.

Is my english now more understandable?

MBTI
    INTP

I am always like that its actually really terrible. All my friends and class mates would sort of call me out on it. My visual range in those states is extremely tiny and my recall is limited to more of the general outline of objects, it would impossible for me to give details on labels, faces, changes and such. It is almost like an extreme hyper focus on my thoughts, If I have to analyze something I usually revert to this state and I basically cut everything else and create a model scenario in my head and my senses are sort of transplanted to that scenario.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.