User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default Funny lies you've made people believe

What's the most farfetched or funny story that you've convinced people is true?

When I was in university, I had been to LA some years earlier and had a sweatshirt with a school crest that said "Sesame Street Alumni" on it. It was quite subtle and had no characters on it or anything. Anyway, someone asked me where I got it and I joked that it was from a reunion of all the kids who were on the show from 1979-83 who counted with Grover and hung out with Oscar and Big Bird.
    They were totally credulous, so I played along and gave them more details. I thought nothing of it, but before long, I had a couple people a day asking about it. Before long, the news had also spread to younger kids in my home town that I had been on Sesame Street. .

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Me and a friend convinced this other girl that I only took showers once every 3 months. That between that time I just bathed in faucets and with wet naps. She started getting realy concerned about me and was asking around to other friends to see how she could help me and so I told her the truth because I started feeling pretty bad about it. She was pretty mad but things got good again eventually.

Me and a friend were selling corn chips and one of the varieties were blue so I convinced one of ly teachers to give us extra money because people had to work extra hard to harvest the blue chloroplasts needed to color the chips. He came back with a few extra dollars... again felt all bad because I couldnt accept extra money for a lie. Confessed and he thought it was funny and said me and my friend would make good car salesmen.

When I was working at McDonalds my friend dared me to do something obnoxious so I pretended to fall. It was one of the craziest falls- I pretty much ran and leaped, getting quite a bit of air, and splattered on the ground. Everyone was talking about ‘my fall’ forever. After time the story got crazier and crazier. Eventually it became something like I was really high and just ENRAGED by this one guy I used to tease and so started chasing him trying to beat him up with a broomstick when I jumped on him in some sort of attack mode but lost my balance.

And about that guy I used to tease. I convinced him that my grandmother wore upsidedown crosses and refused to tell me why but thay I was so confused by it. He kept trying to suggest she was a satanist but I just... well played along I guess.

There were a ton more times. A TON. My ENFP friend and I just really had a fun time kinda trolling people I guess. It is both a good and bad thing that I just cant do it anymore usually. My conscience gets in the way too quickly now. I mean. I can still do it if its really obvious Im joking or I know that its harmless... but like the first thing I mentioned with the bathing... I dont think I could do that anymore.

But.

I always liked doing that. My friend and I did that sort of stuff all the time. My rule was usually- I dont like lies when its not onbvious- but obvious ones... well... were something else.

I dont really do it anymlre much because of what I mentioned... I feel guilty too quickly. But middle school/highschool... was pretty much the queen of this

Art Historian/Con Artist Neal Caffreynated's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

This thread sounds like fun - sorry but I don't think I ever lied though or I can't remember it
    Likes Frosty, Cat Brainz liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I once convinced a coworker that turkeys fly south for the winter in a T formation. In fairness this person is very gullible.
    Likes fidelia, yama, Ghost, Frosty, Video liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

My aunt made a career out of lying to children. She once convinced my cousins that summer had been cancelled that year. The bad news is that there would be no camp, but the upside was hockey season starting up again right away. Poor little suckers watched the news for about five hours hoping to find out for sure.

Another time, she told the kids that they could exchange orange peels at the store for cash, much like we did when I was a kid with pop bottles. Different sizes of peels were worth varying amounts. My cousin expressed skepticism (after all, he hadn't forgotten the summer incident) mixed with a glimmer of fascination (as he was eight and had no means of making cash). However, when he accompanied me to the store later, he pulled a pocketful of sweaty little orange peels out and said, "Erin, would you ask the lady?". He was so burned when he found out she was indeed lying.
    Likes Frosty liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I let people believe that this is highlander's forum when it's actually mine

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

For a span of about six months I had convinced an elderly gentleman that I was a bisexual swinger and somewhat interested in him. I did this because I caught hitting on MUCH younger woman. I also made sure that other people went along with the story when talking to him.
    Likes fidelia, Frosty, Nørrsken liked this post

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

When I was in my early twenties I hung out with a bunch of skateboarders. The crowd varied in age with me being one of the older friends. Anyway, I worked in a nursing home at the time and stopped down to the hangout area (a parking lot behind a bowling alley, man we got up to a LOT of no good back there heh heh) one night still in scrubs. I had some examination gloves in my pocket and one of the youngest kids (around fifteen) asked what I did for a living. Being the smartass I am I proclaimed that I was a proctologist. I said it with such a straight face the kid believed me and others also belonging to the school of smartassery backed my story with serious expressions. Oh yeah he makes a lot of money. Disgusting job but lucrative. Eventually he found out it was a lie and we both had a good laugh.

I ran into him last summer and during the course of our conversation he brought it up. You told me you were a proctologist and I believed you. You bastard. Some twenty years later and it still brought a laugh.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper
    Likes fidelia, yama, Frosty, Nørrsken liked this post

Enneagram
    8 sx/sp

Made more than 10 people believe that I was actually Jewish.
    Mercifulness is not a trait that the weak can possess. The world is full of idiots who like to think that they are merciful in order to forget that they actually are weak.
    Likes Nørrsken liked this post

Art Historian/Con Artist Neal Caffreynated's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Caffreynated View Post
    This thread sounds like fun - sorry but I don't think I ever lied though or I can't remember it
    Ok - so who actually believed that?
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post