User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Bugging people

MBTI
    INFP

Default Bugging people

What little things do you do to bug people?

One of my favourites is, when in a queue, to fail to progress in an orderly fashion. I like to let big gaps open up in front of me. I think it especially bugs SJs. The people behind you tend to crowd up on you in an attempt to force you to go forward, even when there are a number of people still in front of you and there is no chance someone is going to avail themselves of the extra space to cut in.

I also quite like, when conversing with a fastidiously neat person, to glance repeatedly at their forehead.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I preface everything in unappealing ways...

Wanna hear something gross...
    You know what's really disturbing....
    This is really rude, but....
    This is evil of me....
    If you're just way too sick and tired then don't feel like you have to, but...
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sometimes I do things just for fun, occasionally I'll do them because I'm annoyed at someone (I have my petty moments)...

• Ignore most of an extensive post I find vapid and point out some minor wording flaw/exclusion that is tangential to their main point.
    • Drive really slow when someone rides my bumper in no-passing lane, despite the fact I was already driving faster than the posted limit.
    • Drag my feet / Take my time / Insist on sticking to the process when someone demands I rush something for them that really was a product of their own lack of foresight or time mismanagement.
    • Make subtle puns around someone with no sense of humor, so that everyone else laughs and they don't understand why.
    • Sit in meetings and laugh at the things I'm thinking of, that have no relation to the meeting at hand, so no one knows why I am laughing.
    • Consistently do about 85-90% of a job, and never quite finish it (like the dishes).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I preface everything in unappealing ways...

Wanna hear something gross...
    You know what's really disturbing....
    This is really rude, but....
    This is evil of me....
    If you're just way too sick and tired then don't feel like you have to, but...
    That reminds me of an old favourite:
    "You know, I probably shouldn't say this but...no, never mind."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That reminds me of an old favourite:
    "You know, I probably shouldn't say this but...no, never mind."
    Oh -- Classic status, right there!

--

I also like making up false histories and posting them in response to other people's threads, especially if they inclined to take the information seriously rather than as an obvious joke.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I occasionally say, "Can I ask you a question?" before asking the question. Annoys even me!
    Blow my nose in an extremely boisterous manner.
    Leave multiple pairs of shoes in various locations in the house, like stair treads, bathroom ... once I lost my sandals and found them on the bottom shelf of the fridge.
    Screen all my phone calls and pick up for only a select few.
    Never take out the trash (but continue to stuff things in until it resembles a mountain of stinking detritus).
    Leave my undies drying on the shower rod.
    "My good opinion once lost is lost forever." -- Darcy

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

When they preface their statement with "You know what's funny . . . " or "You know what's really crazy . . . " I answer "Me?" and when they say no, I offer "Giraffes?"
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ

Listen quietly and refuse to give those little vocal responses that show I agree with what the speaker is saying. (Usually when I disagree but don't want to get into an argument.)

MBTI
    ENTP

One of my favourites is, when in a queue, to fail to progress in an orderly fashion. I like to let big gaps open up in front of me. I think it especially bugs SJs. The people behind you tend to crowd up on you in an attempt to force you to go forward, even when there are a number of people still in front of you and there is no chance someone is going to avail themselves of the extra space to cut in.
    I do the exact same thing!!! It REALLY drives the British crazy!

Mind you, so does any form of public outspokenness - like when loads of people are standing there waiting for a couple of lazy checkout assistants to quit chattering to each other and serve people, and they just stand there fuming? I like to look at them in an exaggeratedly confused way, walk straight past the queue, walk up to the counter and just interrupt the clerks and say "Excuse me, can I just pay for this?" Then when they just serve me, and I can see the queueing Brits fuming behind me, I like to turn and say to them "Oh sorry, I didn't realise it was a queue - I mean you guys were just standing there and they weren't serving anyone, so I thought..." And say everything a really cheerful and polite way. This way I get the clerks and the customers in one fell swoop!

I do similar things all the time to needle at that British queueing/not saying anything and just grumbling tendency. Like last week I was on this bus, and it was one of those really badly designed ones where none of the windows can open, and it was a really hot day. The only window that opened was the one by the driver, and he'd obviously flipped the heating switch and not realised, so everyone on the bus was like, dying. But I knew nobody'd say anything, so I stood up and ostentatiously looked around at all the other people, with a puzzled expression, then cheerfully called to the driver, "Hey mate, can you turn the heating off? We're dying back here!" And the driver just said yeah, sure, like he didn't realise it was on, and he apologised. I took a moment or two to enjoy the sheepish looks on the other passengers' faces before I sat back down!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Well, sure you can get on my nerves doing that. But if you are a man and you stand in front of me in a queue and you don't move, I'm going to signal you and give you 15 seconds to move your ass and if you still don't move, you are going to feel my elbow pounding on your back and you are going to move your ass and if you still don't move, I will turn your body 180 degree and you will see my fists of fury and you will sure as hell want to move your lazy ass now, or never.

I hope we will meet someday, ideally in a queue. You will learn to move your ass asap when there are spaces I am not joking.
    "Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated."
    - Ernest Hemingway