Thread: Bugging people

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Yay! My friends aren't going to murder one another. Yippee!
    I really am not murderous by nature. It's just when someone follows me at closer than safe distance they 1.) distract me 2.) won't have enough distance to stop if I need to stop suddenly. If my children are in the vehicle, they are endangering my children. If my children are not in the vehicle, they are putting my children in danger of losing their primary caretaker. I do not take kindly to either of those things, not one little bit. People who screw around with the well-being of my children have my blessing to die and sooner is better than later.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I don't tailgate, but I will bunch up on some idiot that is driving slow, then blow their doors off the moment I have the opportunity. Damned slow drivers.
    Color me confused, but isn't "bunching up" basically what tailgating is?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    The drivers who incur my undying enmity are those who drive 5kmph below the speed limit when you can't overtake and 15kmph above the speed limit when you can.
    I always get stuck behind caravans towed by overpowered four wheel drives. 90kph average until an overtaking lane appears, normally on the uphill side of a large hill. Suddenly lead foot is doing 115kph and my underpowered chick diamagnet is stuck behind them for the next half hour.

I have a theory that they are like bees, they gauge speed by how fast the landscape whizzes past and so speed up as the road becomes wider. It may also explain why their instinct is to get as close to the center of the road as possible.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little hermit crab too!

MBTI
    INTJ

Tailgaiting is just a bad driving. Pass or get off my ass.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't intentionally take the time to "bug people" so I guess it would be better to ask other people what I do that bugs them.
    Question everything especially yourself.

Opivy1980

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Color me confused, but isn't "bunching up" basically what tailgating is?
    No, tailgating is driving dangerously close. "Bunching up" is getting closer while still reasonable. My normal is pretty wide if I have the option, to allow for additional error margin. If I'm behind a slowpoke that is annoying me, my attention is directed at them and I don't need to follow so far behind.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    No, tailgating is driving dangerously close. "Bunching up" is getting closer while still reasonable. My normal is pretty wide if I have the option, to allow for additional error margin. If I'm behind a slowpoke that is annoying me, my attention is directed at them and I don't need to follow so far behind.
    That sounds pretty much like what a tailgater would say to justify it to themselves.

(bug... bug... bug...)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Bushranger View Post
    I have a theory that they are like bees, they gauge speed by how fast the landscape whizzes past and so speed up as the road becomes wider. It may also explain why their instinct is to get as close to the center of the road as possible.
    I note with distress that I never did this brilliantly insightful observation the courtesy of a quotation.

MBTI
    infp

Aside from being my crazy old self (which people either find pleasently odd and charming or just weird and "trippy"... and sometimes annoying), I sometimes laugh at my own thoughts and don't tell people why no matter how much they want to know... but I don't do that to big people.

I occasionally say "mmhmm" at like... every word when someone is talking.

A great way to bug people is to say "Hey, *insert name here*! Come with me, someone wants to talk to you! No time to explain, just follow me!" and get them to follow you. Now, dot hat to as many people as you can find and eureka! You'll soon have a big crowd of people following you around to NOWHERE. Its funny how long it takes before some people catch on.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    What little things do you do to bug people?

One of my favourites is, when in a queue, to fail to progress in an orderly fashion. I like to let big gaps open up in front of me. I think it especially bugs SJs. The people behind you tend to crowd up on you in an attempt to force you to go forward, even when there are a number of people still in front of you and there is no chance someone is going to avail themselves of the extra space to cut in.

I also quite like, when conversing with a fastidiously neat person, to glance repeatedly at their forehead.
    Lol, that is so true, it annoys the hell out of me. Like when am driving an some asshole will leave a massive gap to the car in front of him. So I drive up their ass to put pressure on them to speed up a little. Sometimes, if I get too annoyed I just overtake them and jump into the gap that pisses them off.