User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Bugging people

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    In Canada, I'd probably kill someone that wanted to use exact change if it required a lot of change, since the change is worth so little (or at least it once was). There's already too much change there. How the heck do you people leave tips?! It feels so wrong to leave a coin or three on the table instead of paper bills.
    Go play your baseball.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Go play your baseball.
    I don't even recall how. I haven't done it since I was forced to in gradeschool.

I did do some batting practice with a real baseball team once, though.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    ESFJ

-When I'm driving, sometimes I stare at people in the other car and watch them get uncomfortable.
    -When people turn too slowly, I'll never fail to honk at them.
    -When some idiot can't read the "10 Items or Less" sign at the check out and attempt to buy 50 items, I'll roll my eyes (and hope that they see me!)
    -When people fish for compliments, I agree with the negative thing they're saying. For example, when a girl at a perfect weight (or skinnier) says "I'M SOOOO FAT!! AHH!!" I agree with them. It pisses them off so much, because they expect an answer like "Aw no, you're so skinny and pretty blah blah blah"
    I bet they'll put something in the air tonight, just to light your face.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by girlnamedbless View Post
    -When I'm driving, sometimes I stare at people in the other car and watch them get uncomfortable.
    I do this too.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Sometimes, when I see someone wearing an especially sour facial expression, I stare at them until I catch their eye, look them dead in the eyes until I'm sure I have their attention, then I smile as sweetly as I can.

When I'm being tailgated, I slow down to a little bellow the speed limit. This is especially fun in no passing zones or when there is someone in the left lane I can keep pace with.

When the kids as me if we are there yet, I always say yes.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    What little things do you do to bug people?

One of my favourites is, when in a queue, to fail to progress in an orderly fashion. I like to let big gaps open up in front of me. I think it especially bugs SJs. .
    Oh lord that would piss of my ISTJ. I shall have to try it from time to time <snort>

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Sometimes I do things just for fun, occasionally I'll do them because I'm annoyed at someone (I have my petty moments)...
    [*]Ignore most of an extensive post I find vapid and point out some minor wording flaw/exclusion that is tangential to their main point.
    I'm never EVER going to forget this, Jennifer

That reminds me of an old favourite:
    "You know, I probably shouldn't say this but...no, never mind."
    Yep, that gets to my ISTJ, too. And I do it. What drives him even battier is when he does it to me I say "oh, that's fine" and go off and do something else. I really don't care. Then he has to tell me. HAS TO.
    Last edited by MacGuffin; 06-26-2007 at 07:07 AM. Reason: merged posts

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    When they preface their statement with "You know what's funny . . . " or "You know what's really crazy . . . " I answer "Me?" and when they say no, I offer "Giraffes?"
    (I tried to let this one pass, but I can't) Yes! YES! What the hell is up with giraffes? Are those horns on their heads? Why would they possibly need horns on their heads? Do they ever charge at things? Could they please at things? And the spots? Are they camouflage? On a giraffe?

Edit: on the subject of giraffe horns, unfortunately I doubt I'll ever witness the edifying sight of a giraffe charging something with head lowered. I suspect they are necessary for survival. If they didn't have them, I'm sure they would knock themselves out on branches every time they saw something interesting/alarming and tried to straighten their necks too suddenly. They probably wouldn't survive the resulting fall.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I like paying with exact change. I once brought a bag of pennies and nickels to a store with my video camera so I could use them up and make the cashier pissed at the same time. Two birds with one stone.
    Once you start driving, you should try this at a pay booth on a toll road. That way you can tick off both the attendant AND the drivers behind you!

I also find it fun to repeat an action that someone told me specifically not to do a moment ago. Especially if it involves evading their privacy or grossing them out.
    Uggh. You sound like my daughter, who either insists on showing us what food she's been chewing on or else lets slide yet one more belch loud and deep enough to rattle the window panes. (Very unexpected for a nine-year-old Asian girl who weighs at best 55-60 pounds when wet.)

(I tried to let this one pass, but I can't) Yes! YES! What the hell is up with giraffes? ...
    Way to stick your neck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I'm never EVER going to forget this, Jennifer
    ... don't hurt me...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by girlnamedbless
    For example, when a girl at a perfect weight (or skinnier) says "I'M SOOOO FAT!! AHH!!"
    My favorite for this is:"are you kidding me? It makes you look healthy for a change!"
    Quote Originally Posted by cafe
    When the kids as me if we are there yet, I always say yes.
    Ha! I will try this. My children suffer with my ideas of a good time which generally include some kind of bugging/mischief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka
    Oh lord that would piss of my ISTJ. I shall have to try it from time to time <snort>
    Pissing off ISTJs is exceptionally easy. They are by far some of my favorite targets. If you watch ISTJs close enough you will find small items they protect and things they always put in the same place. I really enjoy moving those items then using my best acting skills during the inquisition.

My newest one at work. My name badge now says 'coordinator' on it. I have been telling all of my co-workers I am the 'coordinator-terminator'. I have even told a few people you can just call me the terminator with a straight face . I have been doing my best Arnold impression everyday when I leave. "I'LL Be Back... *slight pause* To-mor-row".
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    When the kids ask me if we are there yet, I always say yes.
    I always say, "Oh, it's just up ahead around the next corner/bend / up at the top of the next hill."
    And then I say the same thing when they ask a minute later.
    (Even if we have an hour to go.)

And when they say, "I'm FillInTheBlank!"
    where FillInTheBlank = tired, hungry, bored, sleepy, etc.

I say, "Hi, FillInTheBlank!"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft