First 12345 Last

Thread: Bugging people

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

my dad likes his long hair due to how much it bugs people who in the end have a "hard" time paying for something he's done for them.

MBTI
    ENTP

I lie about silly things to people I've just met, if I'm bored and I get the impression that they're naive. They're obviously lies to anyone who knows me or can interpret a dry sense of humor, but not to the trusting or simple. I was able to convince a friend of a friend that my name was Gertrude for weeks, EVEN AFTER my friend tried to tell him it wasn't, because my poker face/attitude is so compelling and natural. And even for months after, he was still kind of unsure as to what my real name was. I also convinced him that my bag (a present from my brother when he went to Guatemala) was a product of my handbag company that I outsourced to Guatemala, "because you don't have to pay them shit".

If one of my friends or family members is holding something or wearing a hat, and the timing is good, I'll calmly grab it and throw it across the room. This one is particularly funny to me and I used to do it a lot more until I started getting threatened with bodily harm.

When i'm riding shotgun with my mom (or sometimes friends) and she's waiting for a chance to turn into a fairly busy street. I'll continuously say "riigght.....now!" at the exact moments that, if she listened to me and turned then, we'd get into the worst possible collisions.

edit: OOh, this is one of my favorites. When anyone tries to adjust the tag that's (almost always) sticking out of the back of my shirt, I immediately reach around and make it stick out again. But this is just as much about being belligerently autonomous as it is about bugging people.

These are all i can think of at the moment, but i'm sure more will come to me. I'm an extremely annoying person.
    And thats just the deliberately annoying stuff. It would take me a year to think of all the unintentional annoying things i do.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    These are all i can think of at the moment, but i'm sure more will come to me.
    That's all right: The hat thing might cheese me off if you did it to me personally too much, but I have to say that your stock value (for me) just shot up about 3000% otherwise. Especially the Gertrude thing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    How is it holding people up in line? Queues are about establishing priority of service. Physcical proximity to the head of the queue is virtually irrelevant.

Seems that I've hit upon something that bugs all J's.
    I'm patient to a point with people who don't notice right away that a line has moved. But when the line is slowly moving, and they're not, it bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's all right: The hat thing might cheese me off if you did it to me personally too much, but I have to say that your stock value (for me) just shot up about 3000% otherwise. Especially the Gertrude thing.

yeah even when i did do the hat thing more often, it was only once in awhile. i'm always aware when the novelty has worn off.
    I don't wanna!

Inefficient people with no sense of urgency = unhappy curmudgeon
    "My good opinion once lost is lost forever." -- Darcy

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

There are so many things I do it would be impossible to list them all. Here are some of my favorites though.

Drive-thru/fast food places is where I do most of my fun stuff to strangers. It totally amazes me how completely retarded people can be when ordering. They put numbers on the meals for morons like you-just say the number stupid.<<-----these are the types of things I grumble behind people. I want them to hear me but just barely . I want them to wonder if I am talking about them. I like how the cashiers always get a giggle out of it too. I also like to roll my eyes and huff really loud for the people behind the counter as I know what they are thinking.

Retail is also fun for me. I like saying what they wish they could say. I make it memorable for the customer giving the clerks crap! I can say without doubt my biggest pet peeve is treating people in service positions badly. I will be the most annoying stranger you have ever met if I come across it.

I like breaking out in dances in public when I am with friends/family. I will even go into some serious Micheal Jackson-type dance moves for no apparent reason.

I sing to my co-workers-they LOVE it!

If people force me to drive and/or say it's my turn-fine then. I like to pull up next to another car with the passenger parallel to the driver and just stay there as long as possible. The passenger will usually get pissed as the driver tries to slow down or speed up so they don't have to stare at my passenger. I have managed to stay with one car for many many miles while the person who asked me to drive gets further agitated.

I almost forgot another of my favorites. I like to tell people they smell funny. When they ask what do they smell like I just say:I don't know something kind of weird......and give strange examples-like eggs or spray paint. I like to watch their reactions and self-sniffing throughout the day.

Then there is the 'you've something in your teeth' gag. I will say something like wow that's really gross and pretend there is something there. I will watch them try to get it out and keep telling them No...it's still there about 3 or 4 times. I will eventually tell them they got it after I am sufficiently amused.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    How is it holding people up in line? Queues are about establishing priority of service. Physcical proximity to the head of the queue is virtually irrelevant.

Seems that I've hit upon something that bugs all J's.
    Probably so. I only gap the line when I'm standing in a pathway and I get tired of people squeezing by me. When I see an unnecessary gap in a line, I go the person and ask them if they're in line and that solves that problem.

I thinks it's PA (passive aggressive) because it's not clearly mischievous enough. I prefer my pranks to be obviously evil. Someone may or may not be paying attention which causes the gap or the could just be being a prick.

I'm not trying to be a goody-goody but I can't really think of doing things to purposefully bug other people without provocation. And when I'm provoked into something it's usually some sort of verbal annoyance, like I'll say stuff to make people doubt themselves. And some slight aggressive driving. But that's it.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I also convinced him that my bag (a present from my brother when he went to Guatemala) was a product of my handbag company that I outsourced to Guatemala, "because you don't have to pay them shit".
    BWAH! If you're anything like your board persona, that's almost convincing.

I'm an extremely annoying person.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I like paying with exact change.

I once brought a bag of pennies and nickels to a store with my video camera so I could use them up and make the cashier pissed at the same time. Two birds with one stone.

I also find it fun to repeat an action that someone told me specifically not to do a moment ago. Especially if it involves evading their privacy or grossing them out.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I like paying with exact change.
    In Canada, I'd probably kill someone that wanted to use exact change if it required a lot of change, since the change is worth so little (or at least it once was). There's already too much change there. How the heck do you people leave tips?! It feels so wrong to leave a coin or three on the table instead of paper bills.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.