User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Bugging people

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by KMCE View Post
    Well, sure you can get on my nerves doing that. But if you are a man and you stand in front of me in a queue and you don't move, I'm going to signal you and give you 15 seconds to move your ass and if you still don't move, you are going to feel my elbow pounding on your back and you are going to move your ass and if you still don't move, I will turn your body 180 degree and you will see my fists of fury and you will sure as hell want to move your lazy ass now, or never.

I hope we will meet someday, ideally in a queue. You will learn to move your ass asap when there are spaces I am not joking.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Well, sure you can get on my nerves doing that. But if you are a man and you stand in front of me in a queue and you don't move, I'm going to signal you and give you 15 seconds to move your ass and if you still don't move, you are going to feel my elbow pounding on your back and you are going to move your ass and if you still don't move, I will turn your body 180 degree and you will see my fists of fury and you will sure as hell want to move your lazy ass now, or never.

I hope we will meet someday, ideally in a queue. You will learn to move your ass asap when there are spaces I am not joking.
    So how exactly do you avoid going to jail when you beat up people over minor annoyances?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ

heh. It annoyes me when people don't move up in line if it means the people at the back of the line are forced to be crowded or stand outside or whatever because some inconsiderate jackass thinks it's cute to take up lots of space.

In those situations, I decide to assume Cutie Pie is just being nice and letting ladies go first, so I thank him as I take my place in the space he's provided.

MBTI
    INTJ

LOL I would do the same thing bro. I'm with you.
    I live the life daily; I die the death nightly

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    What little things do you do to bug people?

One of my favourites is, when in a queue, to fail to progress in an orderly fashion. I like to let big gaps open up in front of me. I think it especially bugs SJs. The people behind you tend to crowd up on you in an attempt to force you to go forward, even when there are a number of people still in front of you and there is no chance someone is going to avail themselves of the extra space to cut in.

I also quite like, when conversing with a fastidiously neat person, to glance repeatedly at their forehead.
    You know, this is quite a passive aggressive form of aggression. I'd rather be directly and openly annoying then grabbing for any control over my life and holding other people up in line.

KMCE's response seems reasonable to me, if extreme.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    You know, this is quite a passive aggressive form of aggression. I'd rather be directly and openly annoying then grabbing for any control over my life and holding other people up in line.
    How is it holding people up in line? Queues are about establishing priority of service. Physcical proximity to the head of the queue is virtually irrelevant.

Seems that I've hit upon something that bugs all J's.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post

Seems that I've hit upon something that bugs all J's.
    It irritates the hell out of me too and I'm not even close to being a J.

It always bothers me, but in certain conditions, like when the line stretches for long distances or is in the way of others or is on a bus... then I get very irritated.

And yes, it is very PA if you are aware of what you are doing and it isn't serving any purpose/phobia.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post

It always bothers me, but in certain conditions, like when the line stretches for long distances or is in the way of others or is on a bus... then I get very irritated.

And yes, it is very PA if you are aware of what you are doing and it isn't serving any purpose/phobia.
    (aith has the right idea on this one.) That's why you just cut in front of them and say, "Why, thank you." And if they complain about it you can tell them not to provide such a tempting opportunity.

As far as bugging people goes, I annoy people when I don't reply in any discernable way, because I either wasn't really paying attention or don't care enough to formulate a good response. I also leave my shoes near doorways for people to trip over (by accident), forget to clean up soda cans, do the loud sigh and foot tap when I'm feeling impatient with slow people, and after someone has said some long diatribe will go "Huh" or "I see" impassively when they're done.

MBTI
    INFP

Why do you suppose that is?

PA?

MBTI
    INTP

I just did one of my favourites. An ESFP friend of mine blew a lunch date on Friday without saying anything until today. She wrote a long email about how busy and really sorry she is etc..

I've decided I will act deeply offended by her lack of consideration for something I have done myself many times. I'll let her stew awhile, it's her own fault for not knowing me better by now.