User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Staring?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default Staring?

Just curious to know how often you all stare.

At times, I tend to stare directly at people when they're talking, which is normal, but then it ends up feeling like I'm staring pretty intently at them, and I tend to blink infrequently.

Sometimes, I also just stare to stare, and can do so for a small while until something breaks my concentration.

I'm not so sure if this was brought up before. Sorry, if so.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I stare at everyone except who I'm talking to. I rule.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

All I know is that chicks like focused eye contact. Nothing is a bigger turn-off for a woman than a guy eying a whole bunch of different women.

Or so I've read...

MBTI
    INTP

I tend to stare a bit too much ... particularly at a distance when captivated by somebody. Up close and face to face, I don't stare much ... especially when self-conscious about liking somebody. I do try to maintain eye-contact though.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Airporte View Post
    Just curious to know how often you all stare.

At times, I tend to stare directly at people when they're talking, which is normal, but then it ends up feeling like I'm staring pretty intently at them, and I tend to blink infrequently.

Sometimes, I also just stare to stare, and can do so for a small while until something breaks my concentration.

I'm not so sure if this was brought up before. Sorry, if so.
    I do the same things. Except sometimes I catch myself sort of falling asleep while staring at something/someone--sometimes even when people are talking to me.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I only stare at beautiful women. I mean BEAUTIFUL. Not kind of beautiful or anything half-assed. I'm talking about the 10/10 hot blonde with curves to die for. Otherwise, I don't stare too much.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I like to stare directly at whoever I'm conversing with, my head tilted slightly back with a subtle but maniacal smile. And I don't blink. When it's my turn to talk, I don't say anything. I just hold the stare.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    ISTP

I don't tend to stare much, except off into the distance when my mind is thinking about things. Someone once freaked out and thought I was dead when I was lying on the ground with my eyes open staring at the sky for about a half hour and hadn't moved at all while they were there. (I cracked up once I heard them yell though, haha.)
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I stare people on the street all the time. Beautiful, ugly, whatever... I like to imagine where they are going to or coming from. I don't like them knowing that though, because they might feel awkward.

But, if I talk to you I usually break the eye contact. But that is when I am talking about something abstract and I have to look at it inside my mind to be able to put it in words.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w6

I thoughtfully stare often, but make sure it's not at someone. I only stare at people when I need to get their attention for some reason, or (rarely) to turn on the Fully Operational Stare that let's them know they have my undivided attention... If I'm observing, I look a bit to the side of who I'm observing and move it around unless I'm sporting shades, during which I mislead the observed by the orientation of my head. Yes, I'm a little too aware of what I'm doing... Comes from being taught very young that you look with your eyes before moving your head in the woods, lest the animal you just came across spot the movement and run. No, I don't hunt.