User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Do you finish people's sentences correctly?

Is this just an Ne thing or is it a general rude habit. When I talk with people, 95% of the time I know what they are going to say, where they are going with a point, and why they want to say it. Naturally what happens, to speed things along, I either finish their sentence/thought or if they are really long winded I actually finish their 20 sentence point for them with a good analogy or something of that nature. Some people don't seem to mind it, especially my friends who are used to me. The problem comes with people I have barely met, or are slow to get used to people. They give me a totally offended look if they see me finishing their or someone elses message.

The other 5% of the time, when I get two wrong sentence completions at a time or I really, really, really want to be polite and really listen, I will shut up and give you my 100% attention. Slowly that attention starts to waiver if you are boring but I do try to keep it on you.

The reason I cut people off is because the links pop up everywhere as they speak, and unbeknowest to them, they have put my brain of fire and pissed me off by keeping all these thoughts taimed up inside.

anyway, anyone else have a similar problem and what have you done to remedy it if anything.

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

I do this all the time. I can't help myself. v_v
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

MBTI
    INTP

Perhaps you're conversing with too many inarticulate people.
    "I'm being schooled in the class of V Profane. And it's a sad lesson." - PinkPiranha

MBTI
    ENTP

Sometimes I think people talk too slow. Or just that they aren't saying uninteresting things... but nay, I don't end their sentences. I just wait thinking about other things until they finish.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    INFP

I can do this with accuracy frequently. However it does, as you say, piss people off and I see it as an unreasonable expectation to require people to change their verbal style to please my mood. So I try to gather up some patience and listen. There's always that time I think I know where people are going with something and am wrong. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTP

Idk sometimes I just get a little impatient. People have a tendency to ramble on and try and prove a point and if I can see the direction they're heading in and if i've allready accounted for it and considered the scenarios I try and interject and take the conversation in a slightly different direction.

I try not to be pedantic about it though, I've had a couple of friends that are that way( correcting minute oral syntax errors and semantics that really don't change the overall point) and that is very annoying. The inarticulate point may hold slightly true but not in a pretentious way, I've had a number of people appreciate that quality of putting their thoughts into words or elaborating on their thought processes.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I interrupted my supervisor once when he staggered, talking to the company VP.

"I think I know what you're trying to say...."

And I said it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

still employeed ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    still employeed ?
    LOL after that they offered me a promotion.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

great work then
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]