First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That's odd. They called me RADAR because I carried a ghetto blaster on my shoulder. They could Detect me And determine my Range by the sound of my RAdio.

Now that's INTP humor.
    eh..HARHARHAR

Beck talked about ghetto blasters in one of his songs. So make all the lame jokes you want, you're cool with me for life now.

I do this ALL the time. Well, I may not physically finish the sentences all the time, but I'll have what they're about to say formulated in my head and I'll sort of start nodding in agreement way too early, lol. I'll get all enthusiastic and want to jump right in with my own corresponding point before they're finished making theirs, and so I often have to consciously make myself shut up and focus before I get to the point of feeling that I'm being a nuisance.

violaine

Naw, I'm really trying to break the habit... phew, it's a tough one to break.

EDIT: oh but I totally used to finish people's sentences correctly.
    Last edited by violaine; 10-05-2008 at 10:19 PM.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by ZiL View Post
    I do this ALL the time. Well, I may not physically finish the sentences all the time, but I'll have what they're about to say formulated in my head and I'll sort of start nodding in agreement way too early, lol. I'll get all enthusiastic and want to jump right in with my own corresponding point before they're finished making theirs, and so I often have to consciously make myself shut up and focus before I get to the point of feeling that I'm being a nuisance.
    First off... Martoon, we need to hang

next off, the nodding thing really has to stop, I do it all the time, nice to see I am not the only one.

The only advantage this bad habit of finishing sentences is when I argue. I already know where they are going and start playing chess early on in the debate to get that check mate quick. But sometimes I kick my own self in the ass by helping them along with their arguments and giving them points that I have already brainstormed for them (during the chess thing) that they never even thought about because I feel that these ideas need to be represented..................... /rambilng

MBTI
    INFP

I do this dumb nodding thing too. I hate it when that happens. It's like a real cheerleading thing I do. Pretty soon I start feeling like a bobble-head doll. And I get STUCK in bobble-head mode. Sorta like those people who say, "You know what I mean?" every other sentence.

No wonder people think we're mindlessly agreeable. What is that, anyway?
    Last edited by Anja; 10-05-2008 at 12:45 PM.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Lol, yeah, the nodding is pathetic. It takes me to a place that I never wanted to go...but I can't...stop.....NOOOOd!!!!!

Like, if I were talking to you guys in person right now, I'd be doing it all over the place.

MBTI
    INFP

If someone catches you doing it, it helps if you can just kinda-like do the air guitar thing and pretend you're only head-bangin'. That looks kinda neat. . . I think?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Man one of my pet peeves is when people try to finish my sentences. I'm not talking about times when I'm tongue tied or trying to find the right words either. I mean there are some people who will say out loud with you the last word of your sentence on every sentence. That just annoys the crap out of me.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Man one of my pet peeves is when people try to finish my sentences. I'm not talking about times when I'm tongue tied or trying to find the right words either. I mean there are some people who will say out loud with you the last word of your sentence on every sentence. That just annoys the crap out of me.
    Liquid honey...

I think it would be best if we just start seeing other people....

You see... It's not me... It's you.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel