User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unlisted Type

5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Yup to Firelie & entropie

It's the instant judgement as opposed to learning about someone over time. Course I don't care that people know my type, it's not a secret and it doesn't define me but I don't want interaction to start with preconceived opinions. Has nothing to do with 'lack self-confidence in my ability to genuinely present myself'.
    That would make sense on a "meeting people"/"learning about people" forum, but since this is a "learning about MBTI" forum, I don't quite understand it. This is why I have mine written out, because I figure we can just lay all our cards on the table, and let each other know what we're working with.

I'm not telling you what to do, don't think that. I'm just wondering out loud...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

I don't have it there because I am not sure of my type. The moment I put a type there, something pops up to disprove that I am actually that type. Grr.

If you really want to learn something about MBTI, learning about the eight functions first will be the best approach. The rest will just follow; no god revealed the types or type characteristics.

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yea sure, you are right, but you have a flaw in your logic. If I had identified myself as the forum jerk, then by the time everyone knows, it was me who did it. In giving your type away from the start, you already could fit some stereotype that is associated with your type making you someone, even if you havent made one post yet.
    I think what Anja was trying to get at was more along the lines that stereotypes will always exist, therefore you must always fight them, instead of you yourself being the one that creates the stereotype .
    Would you kindly read my signature?

4 so/sp

I had my type displayed for nearly a year, but am now skeptical of much of the theory. I've also never fully identified with my type in the first place and always questioned it. So I finally took it off just because I don't really care anymore. And, also because I don't want people to associate what I write with the type as a whole.

Just where I'm at right now. Maybe I'll put my type up again sometime in the future.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

5w4 sx/sp

also, unsafe to assume that the type is correct.
    there are a few INFPs masquerading as INTPs (because we are the awesomest)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonic View Post
    Why do think some people don't list their types on their profile?

Is it because they're just some incredibly private being that can't stand anyone knowing anything about them?

Do they just not subscribe to a theory that would just promote stereotypes in their mind, whether it be themselves or others?

Or is it that they are just that desperate for joke space?

I mean, really? It just annoys me. I'm just lurking along and I want to see the viewpoint that a certain poster is coming from, but lo and behold, they think that it 'tis not something to concern themselves with when they're posting on a forum known as MBTIcentral. The thing is, I really like being able to make the connection between a poster's type and their post content, it reminds me why I spend anytime reading about MBTI at all. So for all that is good in this world, it won't kill you to type four letters into a box, even if some of them might be x's anyways, okay?
    I know, right?
    I feel the same way that you do about it.
    I understand not everyone who comes here necessarily knows their type,
    but it is a little irritating to me that those who know their type don't post it, for whatever reason, or post a wrong type that is not their type. This is after all a forum about type.
    That's like going to a car forum but not divulging the car you drive, or going to a pet forum and not telling what pets you own. I don't get it.