User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

On my mother's side, I am Irish. However, the one side of that lineage had emigrated to England after the Famine and were there for a generation or two before coming to the States (could have some English in there). My people were from County Laois. On my father's side, I am 25% Italian (I have the goofy, vowel-ended last name to prove it) and 25% all mixed up. My paternal grandmother's maiden name is Stevenson, and she hails from Petersburg, VA. Apparently, that side of the family has been in the States since the 18th Century, and they were Scottish. There is also a female Cherokee ancestor there, as well. I identify mostly as Irish-American, but I definitely have my Italian-American attributes. I also am very into early American history, and I kinda like that I had people here in colonial times. I am American first and foremost.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Irish - mostly
    Italian -25%
    Danish -25%
    French - not alot

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Mom's a Jew from Israel.
    Dad's a Jew from Eastern Europe (Czech, Polish).

MBTI
    ENTP

1/2 German, 1/4 Finnish, 1/4 Polish-Jewish and other various things. Those are the ones I'm sure about. I also have been told I have a tiny bit of Swedish and Mediterranean descent, but I think they cancel each other out.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Mom's side: Mostly Irish, a lil' English and Scottish
    Dad's side: Mostly Swedish, a lil' English
    & I come from a long long long line of Christians with a few atheists sprinkled here and there.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Question: for Americans, does heritage actually have an impact upon your lives in any way? Would you act differently if you were of different heritage? Do you feel an affinity for the home country(s) even if you have never been to them? Or does it not really matter because you are foremost an American? Does how long ago your forefathers emigrated make a difference? Also, is it considered a PC or even important thing to talk about? I'd be curious to know.
    The impact depends on the heritage and/or how you look, I'd imagine. If think if you look 'white' and speak 'American' it's just a curiosity, really. It's PC to talk about, I think, unless you start saying overtly racist stuff.

I feel a vague affinity for some of the home countries that I know about. For instance AFAIK, most of my ancestors are Anglo/Celtic, so given the chance I'd like to visit the UK.

To the OP:
    English
    Scots Irish
    Welsh
    Swedish
    German
    and unknown
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Typical American mutt, as far as I know I'm:

15/32 Scottish
    1/4 Irish
    1/4 German
    1/32 Cherokee
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Scottish/Welsh with a tan to prove it

I think Swedish, Irish, and German. Boring.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    Take Europe, subtract Spain. You get Evan.
    take the world
    subtract all but spain

you get WASOME >=0
    She talks pretty but says mean things