User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which of the following best describes the sort of drunk you are?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Belligerent

1 1.30%
  • Affectionate

13 16.88%
  • Horny

7 9.09%
  • Daredevil

1 1.30%
  • Anxious

0 0%
  • Depressive

1 1.30%
  • Obnoxious

7 9.09%
  • Witty

15 19.48%
  • Philosophical

6 7.79%
  • I don't drink

10 12.99%
  • Other (please specify)

16 20.78%
First 89101112 Last

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Unfortunately I get belligerent because I hate being drunk. I don't like feeling like everyone else in the room has more control over what happens to me than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Unfortunately I get belligerent because I hate being drunk. I don't like feeling like everyone else in the room has more control over what happens to me than I do.
    That's why you always stay one drink behind
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Other: silly

But always in control of my faculties... regardless of how slurred my speech or impaired my motor functions, the brain's still all there and thinking clearly. That's why I've never had much sympathy for "I was drunk" as an excuse for doing stupid/immoral things.
    Yep, pretty much. I'm a bit chattier, louder and slightly less inhibited when drunk but I never switch off thinking or my personal values.

I kinda have a theory that people are an exaggerated version of themselves when drunk. I've seen my friend's husband become very belligerent and pushy when very drunk. I've now lost a lot of respect for him and have no desire to see him again any time soon. He's the only person I know who gets that belligerent when drunk - the rest of my friends just get sillier and louder.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    I kinda have a theory that people are an exaggerated version of themselves when drunk. I've seen my friend's husband become very belligerent and pushy when very drunk. I've now lost a lot of respect for him and have no desire to see him again any time soon. He's the only person I know who gets that belligerent when drunk - the rest of my friends just get sillier and louder.
    In vino veritas.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I get extremely friendly and start introducing myself to everyone (sometimes repeatedly to the same people). The complete opposite of my usual, reserved self.

Its a hoot

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    I agree to a point, but the conscious choice of how inhibited someone is in order to compensate for personal shortcomings IS part of their true nature-the man should be judged more by the way he acts sober. That said, someone who gets belligerent or depressed when intoxicated really shouldn't drink at all, and intoxication is no excuse for immoral actions.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by V Profane View Post
    Ubiquitous.
    Mmm, when I voted 'other' and posted 'ubiquitous', I meant obnoxious.

You may have discerned that already.
    "I'm being schooled in the class of V Profane. And it's a sad lesson." - PinkPiranha

Default Spontaneity, Morality and Prudence

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I agree to a point, but the conscious choice of how inhibited someone is in order to compensate for personal shortcomings IS part of their true nature-the man should be judged more by the way he acts sober. That said, someone who gets belligerent or depressed when intoxicated really shouldn't drink at all, and intoxication is no excuse for immoral actions.
    This is very interesting because it is true. Nonetheless I am also very interested in personal shortcomings.

I am interested in personal shortcomings because I am interested in spontaneity. And of course in spontaneity we reveal our vices as well as our virtues.

So before I share spontaneity with another, it is prudent for me to discover their vices beforehand - so I won't get any nasty surprises.

So in fact I will avoid spontaneity with those with dangerous vices. So that I can share spontaneity that is enlivening and safe.

However, Lowtech Redneck, you are completely right morally. Intoxication, or any form of spontaneity, is no excuse for immoral actions.

And thankfully it is possible to be spontaneous and avoid immorality through prudence.

And you might say spontaneity is the spice of life.

Other: Social and chatty, and unfortunately a bit of a daredevil. But still reserved, the self control is the same as always..
    The next morning I'm bound to be embarrassed of how much I've socialized and how much I've talked. I don't like drinking. For some reason I seem run my mouth too much and even though it's all in good sport and humour, not everyone understands my humour. Too blunt or morbid.. I like it when others make fun of me too.

MBTI
    INFP

Affectionate
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.