User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Baiting NT's

MBTI
    INTJ

As far as rationals not believing in absolutes, look up Objectivism.

Using the example stealing from a friend is worse than stealing from a faceless corporation due to the interpersonal nature of the first I disagree.

While stealing from a friend can impact you quicker than stealing from a corporation it is no less hazardous.

When somebody steals something then the rest of society has to pay for it through higher prices on the goods themselves to recoup the loss. If you think that a corporation doesn't pass the loss on to the consumer you are deluded. As far as the product not costing much, it doesn't matter a loss is a loss in a corporation's eyes and if enough people do it, then it will affect everyone.

So yes I am a rational and I do believe in absolutes, anything that negatively impacts me is evil and anything that positively does is good, end of story.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah but dude, I wasn't trying to argue that one is less bad than the other, just that a lot of people do think that way, and they see a distinction between them, so it's foolish to assume that because someone will do one, you can't trust them not to do the other.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah but dude, I wasn't trying to argue that one is less bad than the other, just that a lot of people do think that way, and they see a distinction between them, so it's foolish to assume that because someone will do one, you can't trust them not to do the other.
    I wasn't arguing against your point I was arguing against the whole idea that baiting an NT by stating an absolute is a fallacy, that's all. I don't deny that most people do think the way you are expousing they do I also know that most people thought that Saddam Hussein was behind 9/11 and that Paris Hilton is somebody worth idolizing but that doesn't make it true!
    Question everything especially yourself.

Opivy1980

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by sdalek View Post
    You can always start an argument with an NT by using absolutes; This never fails.

And this is the only way to finish it.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Opivy1980 View Post
    I wasn't arguing against your point I was arguing against the whole idea that baiting an NT by stating an absolute is a fallacy, that's all. I don't deny that most people do think the way you are expousing they do I also know that most people thought that Saddam Hussein was behind 9/11 and that Paris Hilton is somebody worth idolizing but that doesn't make it true!
    OK cool, receiving you

Just to add though, that whether what someone thinks is true or not, it still influences their behaviour. I mean, I believe there's a God, and that has a HUGE impact on my behaviour, despite many others believing it's a load of crap; the fact that someone doesn't believe in God has an influence on their behaviour, despite my thinking they're wrong. If someone thinks it's okay to steal from a retail chain but not their grandma, it means they can be trusted not to steal from their grandma, whether we believe their philosophy is right/true or not. What influences people's behaviour is what they think is true or right, not what others do (though they can and do overlap, of course).
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post

And this is the only way to finish it.
    Wouldn't your Geek Pride sig look more appropriate with this smiley instead? Or would that place it outside the context you intended it?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I never even thought of baiting an NT. They sure enjoy doing that to me - especially INTJs, but also INTPs. They like to see me get passionate about something. It works sometimes even though I know what they're up to. Okay, so it's actually kinda fun.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I never even thought of baiting an NT. They sure enjoy doing that to me - especially INTJs, but also INTPs. They like to see me get passionate about something. It works sometimes even though I know what they're up to. Okay, so it's actually kinda fun.
    Now you know that you can do to them what the always do to you; It's just not as easy. Go and have fun with your new-found knowledge just don't take the arguments too seriously.

From my blog:

Thought of the day -

"Choose not to be harmed - and you won't feel harmed. Don't feel harmed - and you haven't been."
    Meditations - Marcos Aurelius

I need to meditate on this.

MBTI
    INTP

Wouldn't your Geek Pride sig look more appropriate with this smiley instead? Or would that place it outside the context you intended it?
    is too nerdy.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    is too nerdy.
    geek (gēk) pronunciation Slang.
    n.

1. A person regarded as foolish, inept, or clumsy.
    2. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.
    2. A carnival performer whose show consists of bizarre acts, such as biting the head off a live chicken.

:horor: I don't think you mean this kinda geek, or do you? How do you get the taste of chicken feathers out of your mouth?

$µr3£¥ ¥0µ m34n £337 933|{?