User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Baiting NT's

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh, that's what you always say -- how very like an ENTP to blame the rule system for his own flawed position!
    You're doing it again. Why, I oughtta...!

*deep breaths*

No, I'm not playing I'm gonna put on some hippie music and just lurrrve everyone. I love you all, you hear me?!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    You're doing it again. Why, I oughtta...!
    *deep breaths*
    No, I'm not playing I'm gonna put on some hippie music and just lurrrve everyone. I love you all, you hear me?!
    Hmm... That was too transparent, his Spider-sense went all tingly -- I'll have to ease it back a notch.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

You could always call them disgusting evil whores, and rely on the resulting flames/arguments to bring in the ones who were not baited the first time. (Yes, the brute force approach, that also works on non NT's also)

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah, just like that
    except you weren't over-generalizing, you were trying to make a distinction where there shouldn't have been one. If anything, you were under-generalizing.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    You could always call them disgusting evil whores, and rely on the resulting flames/arguments to bring in the ones who were not baited the first time. (Yes, the brute force approach, that also works on non NT's also)
    i wouldn't get into an argument with someone that called me a disgusting evil whore, i'd probably just laugh or raise an eyebrow and ignore it.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    except you weren't over-generalizing, you were trying to make a distinction where there shouldn't have been one. If anything, you were under-generalizing.
    No there totally is one, dude. I've stolen the odd Mars bar from a store when I was a teenager, a few CD's and stuff here and there, and neither now nor then would I ever dream or have dreamed of stealing ANYTHING from a friend, relative or any private individual or the home even of a stranger. The phrases "thieves' ethics" and "honour among thieves" weren't coined for nothing; you may not see any distinction or make any for your own behaviour, which is good and virtuous and everything (if somewhat naive), but a great many people do. Just because someone commits one crime in a certain category, that doesn't mean they indiscrimminately and freely commit all others in that category or other categories. It's not like someone who steals from a shop automatically says "Well, now I'm a thief, so I might as well take $50 from my grandma's purse", and it's not like any jock who knocks a geek over at school thinks to himself, "Well, now I'm a violent person, so I'll beat my girlfriend too", or like any woman who cheats on her husband is automatically calling up Al-Qaeda's recruiting people.

---

Anyway I've explained before on INTPc about how I don't like getting involved in debates online. I'd rather keep it light and friendly online cos unlike in RL where I can have a big argument with a friend over a philosophical matter, and not fear its impact on the friendship because they know me in a wider context and stuff, and can see where I come from more easily and know other sides of me - online it ain't like that. People only see what they see.

And since the UK seems to be experiencing its first monsoon season currently, I'm constantly having to switch off the PC for long periods when thunderstorms start up, so I don't want to have to switch back on every time to a barrage of backlash to have to respond to all at once. I've got better things to do, frankly, than argue some arbitrary toss with a bunch of faceless strangers.

I'm not really argumentative... I tend to bite my tongue cos I've realised most of the time it's just pointless. I let my actions speak for me, and people online can't see my actions, so it's doubly pointless.

Aaaannnd, this thread's supposed to be about what baits NT's, not an exercise in doing it!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Aaaannnd, this thread's supposed to be about what baits NT's, not an exercise in doing it!
    "Being Baited: What Not To Do if You're NT!"

I don't know, lumping various gradients of bad behavior together into one category always seemed like a nice little SJ-ish exercise to me...

(And after all, profiling works only because people's behavior is nuanced.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    "Being Baited: What Not To Do if You're NT!"

I don't know, lumping various gradients of bad behavior together into one category always seemed like a nice little SJ-ish exercise to me...

(And after all, profiling works only because people's behavior is nuanced.)
    Absolutely, that's why the person I know who does this the most, and who can unfailingly irritate me every time I see him for more than two hours, is an ISTJ!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Baiting ISFJs is WAAAY easier. I go the tags to prove this FACT.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    i wouldn't get into an argument with someone that called me a disgusting evil whore, i'd probably just laugh or raise an eyebrow and ignore it.
    Sure, but someone would get baited, and than people would likely say things eventually that would bait you. (Or maybe not.)