User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

For those that don't drive--do you use public transportation, or do you depend on others to take you places?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    For those that don't drive--do you use public transportation, or do you depend on others to take you places?
    Public transportation, sometimes, but buses only come every hour where I'm at (outside of Cleveland), and it's just not very good. And I depend on my father, who won't teach me how to drive because he's a useless douche bag. It's because I don't drive that I can't be more spontaneous in going places.

MBTI
    INFJ

I drive now but didn't have a license till I was 21. I depended on others, but it worked out conveniently for everyone for the most part. I live at home with three other licensed drivers. If I had errands to run, I would tag along with my mom, dad, or brother, while they were running their errands, and they'd drop me off where I needed to go or I'd shop wherever they did. In fact, we still do that quite a bit, gasoline being so expensive!

Socially it was a little more difficult, and I'd say my social life has improved a since I've been driving. However, my brother and I are very close in age and have a lot of friends in common, so we would frequently go to hang out with friends together and he would drive. This still happens a lot, but it's nice to have the freedom to take myself places too.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Right now I depend on my mother, and very occasionally walking. I plan to learn how to use the bus soon. Although quite often, I just don't go places at all.

18, it took a couple of times to pass.

MBTI
    INFP

I think I was 14 when I was first taught the basics in a rally car in a field
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

18 unfortunantely, I was suppose to learn about the time I was 16 just like all my other friends where. But due to a shitty home life my family never really did until I finally turned 18 was already moved out, and working across town.

Then shortly after I finally get my license and im able to drive myself to work I ended up quiting, but for good reasons. But it was great finally haveing my license, but it soon became an anoyance haveing to drive places lol.
    SDMF

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'm 20. I still can't drive. Too scary.

I know exactly how you feel. It still scares the bejeebers out of me but when I have something to drive, I will do it, though with much fear and trepidation.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTJ

I learned when I was 15. It was a combination of drivers ed and parent teaching. Then I got my license at 16.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

When I was a teen, we could get our licenses at 15 in my home state. So I had my permit at 14. I didn't go for my license until about six months after my 15th birthday, though, because my dad was so anal and annoying anytime I'd get in a car with him. I'd just get frustrated and figure it wasn't worth the hassle to have to deal with him.

I love driving. Driving by myself with the car stereo cranked is like meditation to me. And I'd hate to depend on someone else to haul me around. I lived in New York City for a while, and didn't have a car there. It was misery. I felt like I'd handed over my autonomy or something. First thing I did when I moved back to the South was get a car.
    !! I ALWAYS have my music loud in my car, much to the disdain of my parents when they are passengers. I can't STAND not being able to just get up and go somewhere.. it entirely outweighs the sometime annoyances of "Will you take me here?!" or "Can you pick this up?!" Driving is an escape for me, I often do it to relax me when I am stressed out on a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Public transportation, sometimes, but buses only come every hour where I'm at (outside of Cleveland), and it's just not very good. And I depend on my father, who won't teach me how to drive because he's a useless douche bag. It's because I don't drive that I can't be more spontaneous in going places.
    Come to Texas >=D We'll take you down the farmer roads and teach you right quick. Public transporation isn't as convenient where I live at, you have to DRIVE down to the nearest bus station to take the bus.. which seems to eliminate the need for a bus at all.. but we have a light rail system in Houston, so it is convenient getting to downtown destinations to park in a non-traffic area, pay less than you would downtown, and take the lightrail to where-ever you're getting to. Plus it's fun because we don't do it often!

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I learned when I was 15. It was a combination of drivers ed and parent teaching. Then I got my license at 16.
    See, my sister learned through at-home training, and I learned through a program.. I wonder if that's why my dad is so irritated with my driving habits in comparison to my sister's, albeit she makes more mistakes law-wise.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge