User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    xNTJ

I started driving when I was sixteen. I took driver's ed, so I got my learner's permit in the first week, and my license at the end of the summer semester. (I took driver's ed in summer school because 1.) I didn't have room for it in my school schedule during the year and 2.) I didn't have to show up on days that I didn't drive, and even then, I could drive myself home.)
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

its cool to see that i'm not the only late bloomer on this.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    its cool to see that i'm not the only late bloomer on this.
    Not as late a bloomer as I am.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I don't remember exactly what age I learned, I think I started learning pretty young, but for sure I was definitely driving around in a car by myself when I was 15. This is not legal in calif and my parents didn't know but I was a stupid kid. Luckily I never got caught.
    my friend did that. though she got caught cuz her dad noticed the car had moved. so they started putting chalk marks by the tire. Of course she always went the speed limit, and obeyed all traffic laws. My brother got caught driving my dad's car (which no one is allowed to except him) because he forgot to put the seat back to where it was and the mirrors.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    infp

I'm 17, and I got my G1 lisence like two months after my 17th birthday, although the driving age here is 16. I waited a year just because I never really got around to it. The DMV is at the other end of town, so it's a pain in the ass to go there. I won't be able to get my G2 untill April, and I'm not sure when I can get a full lisence.

I had my first driving lesson today, and it went well. I'm a pretty good driver, I think. I'm cautious and I never get too cocky. I'm still learning though, so I'm not perfect. I feel very calm and collected when I drive though, so I think I'll be fine.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I'm curious about the actual facts. How old were you when you learned how to drive?
    First thing with a motor and an engine that went at a speed high enough to hurt myself? Age 9 on a dirt bike. Jetskis, Snowmobiles and ATV's were age 12.

I learned to drive in a friend's long-bed chevy silverado at Age 14. They let me drive it around the parking lot and on their property. (Big property, multiple acres.). After that, I started driving everywhere with my parents when I got my permit at 16, and bought my car (Nissan 300zx) when I got my license at age 17.

The only thing that made me nervous when I first started driving was merging onto highways.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I didn't get my license until I was somewhere in my twenties, around 25 or 26, I think. I really don't remember. I used to sneak around and drive my boyfriends car when I was seventeen or so because my dad didn't want anyone else to teach me to drive and he wouldn't teach me, so I did it behind his back. I took an adult driver's ed class, parallel parked, passed, (yay) and haven't parallel parked since. I don't think I could do it now to save my life.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

who knows? i can't predict the future.

MBTI
    INTP

When I was a teen, we could get our licenses at 15 in my home state. So I had my permit at 14. I didn't go for my license until about six months after my 15th birthday, though, because my dad was so anal and annoying anytime I'd get in a car with him. I'd just get frustrated and figure it wasn't worth the hassle to have to deal with him.

I love driving. Driving by myself with the car stereo cranked is like meditation to me. And I'd hate to depend on someone else to haul me around. I lived in New York City for a while, and didn't have a car there. It was misery. I felt like I'd handed over my autonomy or something. First thing I did when I moved back to the South was get a car.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm 20. I still can't drive. Too scary.