User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I learned to drive when I was fifteen but didn't get my license till I was seventeen.

MBTI
    yupp

15 or 16 was when I got my permit, so learned to drive their about. I didn't want to learn how to drive, but my mom sort of made me. She was like I'm not going to drive you around everywhere, and dragged me to the dmv. the hardest issue I had was parking, so she took me the day before the test to her parking garage at her work and had me practice parking and backing out as I always would turn the steering wheel the wrong way when I was in reverse. I had no problems with going forward just back wards. I never liked driving which is why I'm glad I now live in a place that has good public transit
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I don't quite get what this means...
    You'll have to take a written test answering questions pertaining to driver's safety, rules of the road, identifying traffic signs and stuff like that, in addition to actually driving a car with an instructor, following their instruction and properly operating the vehicle in accordance with your traffic laws.

Something I got hit on was when they asked me to stop the vehicle; I put it in reverse and then drove a few yards but I didn't physically turn my head around to look first (even though I knew nothing was behind me), I just used my rear view mirror. That's a no-no. That's definitely a rookie mistake looking back on it, but if driving is completely new to you, you may make it too... Also, when coming to a stop sign make a FULL and complete stop before going through. A lot of people will just slow way down and roll through it (some call it a California stop ), never fully stopping. They'll fail you outright for that shit.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I started learning at 15, but was done with Drivers Education school at 16, and got my license 6 months afterwards. I was the only one in the class whom had never practiced at all before the class. I was nervous when it came to other people testing me, and driving other's vehicles.. but when I was on my own, in MY car, my confidence normalized and I felt comfortable doing it. Now I drive, on average, 2 hours a day at least. (Gas is expensive ^_^;

My sister Jessica I started to take out to practice driving at night around the subdivision and in the parking lot of the walmart... and MAN was that scary. She just didn't have a natural feel for it, and even now she's a stiff driver and can't learn to take corners well.. she doesn't wreck or anything, she's just scary to ride with. I'm glad I endured it though since she passed her drivers education with my help.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I learned to drive as soon as I could reach the pedals, so at about 7 or 8 years old- this is rather common in farming communities where the kids do plenty of work as well. I was driving on the country roads at the age of 8

I got my license on my 16th birthday- unfortunatly they don't give those out earlier in farming communities
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Don't drive, 28.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I learned to drive as soon as I could reach the pedals, so at about 7 or 8 years old
    I could ride a motorcycle before 10 yo, but never bothered myself with learning to drive.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

25 and I'm still working on it ><
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

I was 19 (I think?) when I got a learner's permit. I got a real license shortly after I turned 21.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I don't remember exactly what age I learned, I think I started learning pretty young, but for sure I was definitely driving around in a car by myself when I was 15. This is not legal in calif and my parents didn't know but I was a stupid kid. Luckily I never got caught.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Seventeen. I was so bad at parellel parking that I didn't get the license until eighteen, though. ry:
    Go to sleep, iguana.